I think I'm going to do it.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Thinice, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I'm dropping out of college. My girlfriend ended our relationship and my parents hate me. It'd just be easier if I wasn't here.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm sure that your parents and your ex-girlfriend would miss you if you commited suicide. You do matter. Please don't give up. :hug:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Please elaborate on your situation. You can get through the break up hun. We will help you :hug:

What makes you think your parents hate you?
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Thinice,
    I am sure your parents don't hate you. Maybe there disappointed because you quit college. Most parents want the very best for their children so they don't have to struggle like they did.
    Maybe instead of thinking I am dropping out of college try thinking I am taking a break from it. You can always go back next semester or even next year. It's all in what you want.
    I'm sure once you get into the job market you will find out college isn't as bad as you thought. Try to look at things positively and you will climb out of the depression you are in.
    I am a 52 year old high school drop out and was stuck in the 70's when drugs was the in thing. I stayed stoned all the time. it took me 30 years to find out they were f*****g up my life. I could have gone to college for free because my dad worked there. I threw all that away and have regretted it.
    I hope some of this has helped!!~Joseph~
  5. mandel32

mandel32 Member

yes its hard to feel suicidal you are deeply depressed and feel useless, it will take some time to get back to urself....... just dont make things worst dont find satisfactions and pleasures in the wrong places. you can at least try reading the bible and being alone....... just dont get a knife or a gun.... just feel ur pain.... or maybe write things on a piece of paper and let it all out.... say things like wat a fucked up lyf...... its gonna get better in time...... Life wasnt meant to be easy..... and i blieve u have talents, try utilizing it when you feel better....... but for now...... feel ur pain. and let it out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.