I think I've failed

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I'm sure I've mucked up this 1st semester now. I had 3 pieces of coursework due on the 9th December, and I was able to get an extension on them due to personal problems and all (I haven't been in a very good place lately, and as a result I haven't been able to perform as well as I normally would). And then to top things off, I fell ill this week with this nasty flu bug that's going round, so I've been bed bound and unable to hand in my coursework again. Now because I already got a 2nd chance before, I don't think I'll get a 3rd. Can't really be helped, I know, but university are usually really strict with deadlines. Damn, I'm at a loss what to do now. I e-mailed my lecturer so at least I can say I've tried, but if he can't help me then I'm screwed :sad:

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Ah, jeez. :sad:

I'd imagine there's nothing that can really be said or done to fix it. You've emailed your lecturer and you just have to see what s/he says. I feel your pain, though! Good luck with it and you're not unheard. :hug:

3. SAVE_ME

Ok, so he e-mailed me back. The good news is that IF I can provide documentary evidence such as a doctor's note by Monday, then I can still hand in my work without it being penalised. The bad news is that it doesn't leave me with a whole lot of time now. At the moment I'm registered with a doctor in another town (couldn't register with the university health centre as they don't cover my area), so it's going to prove rather difficult to provide something on such short notice. The other option I have, is to do a resit later next semester, which, if push comes to shove I guess I'll have to do. But yeah, this has been a really crappy semester for me, so I'm really hoping that things pick up when I get back after Christmas.

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

A new year a new start :) That's how i look at it. At least you have a solution now. Albeit a slightly tricky and complicated one, but it's still a solution nevertheless. And you can start anew in 2009. :hug:

5. SAVE_ME

Yeah, looks like I'm resitting next Semester then....just been one goddamn thing after another this year.....can't help but feel a little guilty....I mean, I should've just shrugged it off and stuck it out......anyway, yeah, new year, new start, that's what I'm gonna do. I want the "old" Sean to come back, the studious Sean who didn't just give up whenever he suffered a setback, and never blamed anyone else or gave excuses for his shortcomings. I'm really quite sickened by what I've become tbh, and I've got no one to blame but myself! It's gonna be hard, it's gonna mean more work, but it will be well worth it in the end! Things are gonna change for the better in 2009!

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Good on you :) I know you can change your life around. I'm behind you all the way. Am always here for you.

7. SAVE_ME

Thanks Lena :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.