I think my meds are starting to work

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by solarflare, Nov 3, 2015.

1. solarflare

solarflare Well-Known Member

Today marks 21 days on sertraline, I am noticing improvements to my mood.

Suicide is still on my mind, although only a few times a day.

I occasionally get compulsive desires to just go and do it but I come here and try to be positive for others instead which seems to work.

I just thought I'd put these out there, I know I am not accountable to anyone and no one is really following my situation but I feel better when I vent.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hello, solarflare! This is great news! :) *big huge hugs* Well done! Sounds like now you have a bit of an edge for thoughts and feelings.

Old feelings and ideas could continue to float around for a while. It's like we've "programmed" ourselves to have nearly automatic thoughts/feelings. Do you have some lovely, beautiful, hopeful thoughts and feelings to think about if the unpleasant ones show up? I love that you are reaching out to help others and that it's helping you feel better!

I'm really happy for you! :) Keep up the good work!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi to you good for you reaching out here for support when you are not feeling the best.
    Medication can take up to 6 weeks for its full affects to kick in so you half way there and you are noticing a difference so that is good.
    Keep reaching out ok and talk to your doctor update how you are feeling with doc so he or she can help you as well with changes you are feeling
  4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Solarflare, That is Great news,it does everyone good to know when some is really starting to do even A little Better!
    Thanks For Sharing Good News! We all need some!
  5. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hey Solarflare, I just wanted to let you know yours post picked me up a bit. I just started getting help for my self and I feel a lot more optimistic hearing about others who are improving. Please keep us updated, we care about you :)
    2 people like this.
  6. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Robroy, I actually thought about smiling! "YAY" I am glad that you as well as Solarflare are getting some positive results and Sharing This positive News with us all, Great!! Go Boy, I am really happy for you! I think it Will Be great for Everyone to hear that!
  7. solarflare

solarflare Well-Known Member

Wow thanks so much, all these messages just made my day.
    If I can bring even the tiniest bit of positivity to anyone that gives me something to cling on to and be positive about too.
    This forum is full of some amazing people.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It took me a good few weeks to feel the effects of sertraline too. I'm on it about 18 months now and glad I didn't give up. I'm glad it's working well for you too.
    2 people like this.