I think my psychiatrist wants me dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
I asked my psychiatrist some time ago to just give me a drug which would actually do the job... a few weeks later he prescribed me something that would. However, I haven't done anything with it. Then I saw him on Tuesday and in the course of conversation told him I'd built up a large stash of the said drug, to which he said, "It'll kill you, you know! You'll just go to sleep and never wake up." Now how is that dissauding me?? It's every suicidal person's dream surely. I'm now convinced he really wants me to do the deed. I promised my counsellor that I'd hand the stash over to my gp but now I'm not so sure... :unsure: it would be a shame to get rid of the loaded gun that my psych has handed me... don't think he'd be too pleased either if I did!
Sarah :dry:

LeaveMeAlone

Sorry if this is a silly question but why don't you actually try taking it as prescribed? Leaving aside if you psych actually wants you dead or not, you could always ask to see someone else, it certainly isn't a good reason to die. And if the meds work you might feel a lot better.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Actually I do take it as prescribed. These are from when I stopped taking them a few months ago and the odd occasions I don't take a dose cos I feel unwell.

LeaveMeAlone

oh i guess if you still want to die then it's not working too well, what is the drug in question? - i don't think it will count as discussing methods provided you keep the exact number you have stashed to yourself.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
He thinks medication is only part of the answer... my 'psychological problems' have perhaps a greater influence. I dunno what to think really. :dunno:

L

lostcat95

I don't think I Could hand over anything??????????????? I think he was warning you, good luck to you.

Last edited:

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Sometimes we are so dissappointed when someone we count on for advise is so off base...this has happened many times between my t and I, in fact he says I look for those times...wish I had a different hobby (lol)...but inspite of his lack of empathy, please give it over to someone who dispose of it, or do that yourself...one good flush down the porcelain bus will do it...and it will make me feel so much more relieved!!! big hugs

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Shygirl, I'm really glad you gave it over to your gp. Yes, there are other ways of accomplishing the same thing, but I don't think you really want to do that - you may just be having a really hard time of late and can't see any other way out... but there ARE positive ways out of, or around, your bad times. This place is one of them - hang on to us til the bad times pass. Please hang on tight, don't let go. We need you and love you here!:smile: :hug: :flowers: :hug: Just don't do anything you can't undo, please?

love and hugs,

least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00