I think there's something wrong with me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Well, for starters I have this weird paranoid thought process, for instance: I just realized something as simple as driving causes me severe anxiety because I always think the person in the car ahead of me thinks I'm following them (which I'm not of course), even if I've only been behind them for a minute or so, and if they turn off I think it is because of me. I have other eccentric thought patterns, but this is the most recent of which I've become aware.

Also, my speech tends to be awkward and ill-structured. I just seem to have a problem communicating with people in general, so I just ignore them for the most part. Add to that my VERY short attention span, lack of interest in anything, and I've made to myself a very convincing case of what I might have. Even though it makes sense now that I've been acting this way for so long, I feel as confused as ever.

2. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

LOL, that's funny. Sorry, I know it must not be for you. Sometimes when I am driving and have been behind someone for a while, I'll deliberatly indicate straight after them to MAKE them think I'm following them ... then if they go a different way, i'll indicate to turn their way but then continue driving .. maybe I have a sick sense of humour ...

Why does it bother you if you believe someone thinks they are following you? Most don't check their mirrors anyway.

And communication, you do it fine online .. but I know RL is a different kettle of fish ...

3. Fishman

Fishman Guest

Best to go for a mental assessment...and make sure you honest as your only hurting yourself by withholding information.

4. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I don't know I think alot of it has to do with my social anxiety, and maybe it is as simple as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.