I think this is developing into a problem?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Blackness, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

In less than a week I've lost about 8 pounds just by hardly eating.
    I'm really happy with that.
    But it's almost becoming obsessive.
    I love when my clothes are too big for me now.
    I hate food now. The thought of eating makes me feel sick, and eating it makes me feel sick, no matter what it is, I feel sick.
    The only reason i eat (little bits) is or else I get MORE sick.
    I know this feeling sick is all in my head, but it's getting out of control.
    Weighing myself and stuff like that all the time.

I only eat like one and a half meals a day and I dont snack.
    It's as if my stomach has shrunk and I dont need the food anymore.
    I like the feeling of being hungry, you get used to it. And I'd rather feel hunger pains and eat anything and id rather my weight go down.

Do you think this could turn into a problem?:unsure:

2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yes, I do. I've been on that path, as well... barely weighed 52 kilos, once, which is very little for males, and I was obsessed with checking my weight, every chance I got. Always was a bit happier, when I had lost some weight. I weigh about 58, now, but sometimes, I'm without food, for several days, and I get that same feeling, that eating makes me feel sick. The stomach does shrink, by the way... unfortunately, your intestines will shrivel, as well, and intestinal problems are highly undesirable.

3. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment - but it's more because I'm depressed. I used to be an alright weight, but now I look like a freaking skeleton. I'm literally skin and bones and it's disgusting to look at.
    I get tired really easily and I basically think my body's shutting down or something. I actually think it's killing me.
    Worst of it is, my parents are giving me the whole
    "You're being stupid, you're just seeking attention." thing when I tell them I can't eat and it's driving me crazy.
    I'm fed up of it all now anyway, I don't care if it does end up killing me...

4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

GET HELP NOW. Talk to someone. Anything.
    I know that sounds harsh, and I know no matter where you are it will be harder, but I promise you the longer you wait the harder it will get. You recognize it now, and you seriously need to talk to someone now... before it's too late. I know I mean I can't order you to get help, but right now you KNOW that it's a developing problem, and the earlier you stop it the more likely you will be able to beat it before it absolutely consumes every aspect of your life. Please.

5. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i agree with mel, you should get some help, cause the longer u wait the more u can't control it hun :hug:

6. CrimsonTears

CrimsonTears Member

I agree with what has been said
    Have been in similar places as you, and it will get worse if left
    Please try and speak to someone

And yor right about your stomach shrinking, when you depreive your stomach of food, then your stomach does indeed shirink, making it easier to feel full, and therefore the sick feeling comes

I'm sorry if its not what you want to hear, but just so you know from my experinece, and the experience of others

We are here for you
    Be safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.