I think this is it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by willgethere, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willgethere

willgethere Well-Known Member

I have had a totally crappy week and dont think I can take any more.
    I have planned my actions, I have my children in bed and feel like this is it, I know it will work.

I cant get it out of my head, the urge is stronger than ever before. I cant stop crying.
    I am a total failure
  2. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

I'm sure your not a total failure, you've got to keep going on next week might be better, if not for yourself then for your kids. pm me if you wanna talk.
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

You're not a failure - you're just going thru some very bad times and FEEL that way. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Are you getting any professional help? If not, would you consider it? I see a shrink/counselor twice a month and that, and the meds, have helped me a lot.

In the meantime, come here and vent and cry on our shoulders. That's what friends are for.:smile:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You need to fight the urge for your kids and for yourself. When you are feeling so badly about things, you are unable to think clearly and what seems like the only way to get relief really isn't the way to go. Get a good nights rest and see what tomorrow brings. Take it one day, one step at a time. Hang in there. You are not a failure and you have people that love you and count on you for their well-being. :hug:
  5. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

No this is not it. We care about you and want to help. Please talk to us!! The kids will be heartbroken to lose you. Your family does need you and love you. We all think we are failures and no ones when depression rears its head. Do you feel in darkness all the time? I know. You are fighting it, although the urge is strong. It is only a feeling/thought and you don't need to act.

Be safe!
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

A bad week does not = failure. Hell I thought I was a failure for 10 years. And just recently I realized that I am a success for becoming my own person.

Feel better ok, if you want to cry cry if you want to be sad be sad even if you are alone letting those feelings remain pent up will only make things worse.
  7. willgethere

Well I am still here, all I can say is that 'I am useless'
  8. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Well I am useless as well. There are very few useful people in the world friend
  9. corral

corral Guest

feeling useless is normal
    and to feel usefull you need to stay there for your kids.
    maybe helping other people or animals out would make you feel better.
    believe me, you are not the only one feeling useless, im sure everyone feels like it now and then.
    take care and spend some time with your kids, it should make you feel better.
    how old are they? if you dont mind me asking
  10. willgethere

i cant take it:depressed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.