i think this is maybe in the wrong spot

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by connielynn, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connielynn

connielynn New Member

I don't really know where to put this. Please feel free to remove this post from this section.

I just wanted to know what you all think. I don't think I was raped, but some people tell me that I was. Some background information: I am 17 years old, and 7 months ago I became friends with this guy who is 21 years old. I didn't know that he was attracted to me until a month after we 1st became friends. I was flattered that someone like him would take an interest in me. and i think that was my downfall, so to speak. heh

after that, he always called me over to his house, and by that time, I was also attracted to him. But then it got weird. He knew I was a virgin and that I didn't want to do anything sexual, but he started touching me and stuff. I didn't know what to do, so heh, basically I just pretended that nothing was happening. I don't know why I didn't physically try to stop him. I said no every time, but he never listened so I just gave up. It sounds stupid, but I think that I loved him. I liked him so much that even though he did stuff that I didn't necessarily enjoy, I still wanted to be with him. By the end, I found out that he had a fiance :eek:hmy: I had been "messing around" as he put it, with him for about 5 months.

At the last day that I would ever see him again, I was hanging out with him at his house and he pulled me into his bedroom and pushed himself inside of me. It hurt and I tried to get away, but he wouldn't let me. I don't really remember what happened but I do remember saying no. However, I don't know what to do because I still think I love him so much even though he has basically dropped me like a hot rock after that. I think maybe I gave him consent by being with him?? I just don't know and maybe I'm only bothered because I still like him...

Oh and he got married last month:blink:

Sorry if this was long, histrionic, or off topic.:unsure:
  2. mb75

mb75 Well-Known Member

Hello Connielynn:

Yes it is rape... you said no.... He knew you were a virgin and it was sickening of him to take it away like that.... you didn't give him permission and when you said no or tried to push him off he should have stopped, but of course he wasn't going to anyway, they never do.
    From my recent experience people have made me realize and I have realized myself that it doesn't matter if you like someone, or even if he was your boyfriend, no is no and he should not have forced himself on you... It's not your fault, you didn't lead him by liking him, he just took advantage of you and he knows it.... but as sad as it is, a lot of those people who rape us don't care or even think they did anything wrong. If I were you, I'll never talk to him again...rape is a crime
    If you need to talk to someone you can pm me, or you can keep on posting your feelings.... we are here for you and we listen :hug: :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.