I think this it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by AJE, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in a supermarket watching people of all types getting on with their lives.
    I keep saying to myself I bet all these people are happier than me.
    I'm just wishing my life away right now.
    I just want to go ahead with plans of self destruction once & for all.
    The thought of feeling like this for much longer just makes me want to give up.
    Apart from my parents & kids no one would really miss me & I know all of them are well looked after if I'm here or not.
    I know I sound defeatist but that's exactly how I feel right now.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Your thoughts are NOT facts. Someone you are looking at could be suffering just as much as you are, you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You seem like a lovely person and I hope things work out for you but assuming everyone is happy isn't realist but of course you are entitled to feel how you feel.

Not trying to guilt trip you but they would miss you and would leave a hole in their heart forever. I hope you get the help you need and get happier, if you want a tip, mirtazapine worked wonders for me and a lot of people I know and sertraline has been incredibly successful on me. You are important, don't forget that :)
    sahel and AdamTide like this.
  3. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thankyou Petal
    Just having a bad day & letting things get to me.
    Thanks for the advice on the meds.
  4. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

Petal is right. There are always people to help. There is GOOD to get out of life. Like she said, you truly matter. You are stronger than you know and there IS reason to keep living. Do what you enjoy. And I guarantee your parents and kids would be very sad. You mean more to them than you know ! Your life is impacting people in a positive way you don't realize. She's also right about how much meds can help. Talk to someone. Everything is going to be ok. :)
    AJE likes this.
  5. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thanks Adam
    Just need some positivity I guess.
    Just seems hard right now but a big thanks for your support. :)
    AdamTide likes this.
  6. AdamTide

You're very welcome. Things WILL get better. You deserve for it to. :)
  7. sahel

sahel SF Supporter

Parents and kid seems like a family, I don't know how close you are to them, but I hope you will get extra strength and patience to go through the tough time, by feeling their love, and knowing that you matter to them. Because you do deserve to overcome whatever makes you unhappy.:)
    AJE and AdamTide like this.
  8. AdamTide

Sahel is right, you do deserve to overcome what is causing you unhappiness. In fact you deserve happiness period. You are a good person who deserves great things to happen to you. Everything is going to be ok. :) Think as positive as you can. Things will get better and better. There is a lot if good to be had in life. Do what you enjoy and help others when possible. Your life is going to get better and better. hug
    AJE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.