I think tonight's the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

molotov

wait, what? hold on a second, talk to us a little. you just got here, step back a second, what's going on? why this, why now?

molotov

you're in good company here, feeling that way. but keep talking, tell us your story, you've got nothing to lose by letting it all out.

I just feel like no matter how much I scream that I'm depressed...no one's bothering to listen.

My mom mentioned both kicking me out(I'm 19 and have no money) or having me committed tonight. Then I told her I'd actually not mind going to a hospital...NOW, but I'm so worried about work and school, etc. and she just told me to call a nutritionist tomorrow.

I have an eating disorder...but it feels like everyone's paying more attention to THAT then the fact that I'm majorly depressed and want to die.

molotov

that sucks. and it sucks that other people want to just label you as one thing and ignore the issues that don't fit their label. but EDs and depression go hand in hand, your ED didn't just fall out of the clear blue sky. your wanting to have people pay attention to the depression is a FANTASTIC idea. if you want to go check yourself into the hospital, you should do it RIGHT NOW, man. you're 19. you don't have to wait for your mom. and going voluntarily will give you a lot more options than having your mom commit you, or waking up committed after an attempt. you can make them listen, you don't have to go this alone, go scream and shout at them for help! call a crisis center or a suicide hotline or just walk, bike, run, skateboard, take a taxi up to the hospital and don't leave until someone listens, this is your life on the line and there is help out there for you.. and work and school will be a million times harder to manage if you are dead, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00