I thought I found somebody.. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stuckinchicago6, Apr 5, 2010.

1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Spring break was amazing... even though I stayed home this year. I met this guy. We went out pretty much everyday. We didn't want to even leave each other. It was almost like love at first sight. Finally, I thought I had met somebody. He made my ex seem insignificant... I was sooo happy. Fast forward to Friday, he wants nothing to do with me...That is fine if it was after one date, but he took me to his house and I met his family. We went on several dates and spent over like 16 hours together each date.. almost...
    I feel so rejected. I don't know if it is because I won't sleep with him. Meeting guys who will respect the fact that I want to wait for marriage is just sooo hard. He seemed cool with it and even happy, but he is my same age and wants sex. Maybe he thought more about it and now that is why he is ignoring me...

Only other thing I can think of is that I went out with a guy who I think he knows before... Maybe he told him! I am just soo mad. This is like the final straw. HOW CAN SOMEBODY GO FROM BEING HOT TO COLD???? Also, it's not like this was a long term relationship where I actually had the chance to f**k things up. What should I do???

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i would say he is fucked up and leave it at that he is the one with the issues so let him go and find someone with a brain You deserve better and good for you for demanding respect and waiting good riddens i say but i know it hurts i think it is better to find out now his true colors.

3. stuckinchicago6

Yes, you are right.. However, a part of me really liked him. We just connected so fast and it was such a tease. It is almost worse than a long term relationship ending... What a heartless person :(((

4. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

sorry for that experience.
    forget him, he just isnt worthy of you.
    man are pigs, they just act to well :unsure:

5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Rule #1 never spend everyday with a guy. If he wants to meet you at 2 pm tell him you are not available until 3pm....if he's a problem solver or flexible, he will be for the girl he acutally likes for the longer term.....keep the fishing line long and slow ;-)

6. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

How confusing! And what a jerk! It sounds like you really liked him though, so being hurt and disappointed are pretty normal things to feel when someone does something like this. Let yourself be angry and hurt and sad and confused and whatever else you may feel. In the end though, him choosing not to contact you is about HIM, and not about you. I am sorry this happened to you, but you did not do anything wrong. You took a risk and unfortunately your heart got a little trampled on, but I doubt you did anything to deserve that. And did I mention, WHAT A JERK.

7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

totally agree with swimmergirl......
    sorry you got hurt....hugs

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

ohh boys... -____-

9. stuckinchicago6

I just feel soooo stupid and sooooooo ugly and just soooo dumb...

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No your not any of the above He is You are kind and caring and trusting and you will find someone like that again it will just take time.
    Stay strong don't let any guy make you feel less than you are. They are just not worth it.

11. ninap41

ninap41 Member

may i ask how old you are?
    p.s. i'm from chicago too

12. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

From a guy's perspective (and a recent divorce perspective), he was looking for a romp in the sack. What he did was wrong. It has nothing to do with you. I learned that the hard way, after my ex slept with 21 different men.

13. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

He never really genuinely liked you, and he's one of those slobs who just wants to bed-hop with women to get his whistle wet. Don't be insulted by this asshole rejecting you; you should be blessed to have known about his true intentions before giving in to allow this parasite inside of your precious body and gave him access to the assets.

You are so much better off with that burden off your back. I'm so glad you didn't lay down for him. 'Atta girl. Momma is proud. :yay: :console:

14. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

you said it best!

15. stuckinchicago6

I found out that this other guy told him some rumors about me. This other guy just randomly called my phone. How weird. I can't believe he is not man enough to tell me what really happened rather than ignoring me. I guess he never really liked me because if he did, he would give me an audience and a voice rather than simply believing this guy. I just feel so lousy after feeling so happy and like my life was filled with sunshine.

16. stuckinchicago6

By the way, ninap- I'm 21 going to be 22 in exactly one month.