I thought I would be okay

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bullzye, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullzye

Bullzye Active Member

I thought it was loneliness and having nothing to do that was making me depressed and suicidal. I thought I would be okay if I filled my days with things to do and spoke to people everyday. Well, I have done that and it hasn't changed my feelings. What is wrong with me???

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I can't answer ''what is wrong with you''. However I can offer support, if it hasn't been tried, I would suggest therapy, it really does help and depending on what the issues are they can give great suggestions and advice. I am truly sorry you're feeling this way and hope it improves.

3. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Firstly well done you for trying to distracting yourself. Maybe you need to let your feelings out and talk to somebody like a counsellor like Petal has suggested, it will really help you. It may be difficult at first but it will get better :)

4. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I think it is the depression or whatever mental state you are going through, the sickness. I feel the same way to, I go to work, I am around people but I still feel the same, I don't feel any less lonely, in fact it makes me feel worse sometimes. Nothing seems to help. When I was on meds in the past, i felt fine, I could be by myself or out and still be ok. That is how I know it is the sickness. Like everyone else has suggested, maybe try treatment like therapy or meds.

5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I guess we can distract ourselves from what we believe is wrong, to fill that lonely gap I know myself I have done that and I slip further because I am not focusing in what is wrong, therapy can help that and help you understand more of why you feel like you so, and hopefully more comfortable with yourself and less lonely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.