I thought I'd beaten it...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by k_pressy, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_pressy

k_pressy Well-Known Member

But it turns out I really hadnt. I thought i'd managed to stop cutting, I thought my life was getting better, and then I have one bad night, just one, and I end up cutting myself again :mad:

Great.

And im going on holiday monday, so thats gonna be a really nice look, me walking by the pool in a bikini covring up my wrist so no-one thinks im some weirdo or attention seeker :sad:

Oh well, nevermind ay. On a good note, I got my GCSE results yesterday, and they werent bad. 1 A*, 1A, 5 Bs and 3Cs.

Yeah so now that i've got all that off my chest, im gonna stop writing.

Thanks for reading
    k_pressy
    xxx

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Its hard to stop SH. Give yourself some credit for trying at least. Slip ups happen to everyone. It's completely inevitable. You really have beaten it, even if you dont think so. Any amount of time without cutting is in my books considered as beating it. You now know that you can keep from cutting this long... so maybe this time try and see if you can make it a little bit longer. And dont think that just because you've slipped up that you're back at square one - you're not. Its pretty much impossible to just decide one day that you're gonna stop cutting forever and actually be able to DO it. Its all baby steps all the way.

TDM

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with TDM. We all have a time when we slip up. That doesn't mean you can't or haven't beat this. Each day can be considered a victory. You know you can do it, so keep up the good work. We don't think someone that is trying to avoid chocolate and has some one day has failed. It should be no different than cutting. It happened. Don't beat yourself up for it. Stay strong and be successful again. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.