I thought I'd repost my story on my own account (Repost of "Post by Adam")

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by InTheMatrix, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheMatrix

InTheMatrix Active Member

Hi everyone. I'm Adam, Bex's bf. I just thought I'd write about my experience dealing with someone self harming. I care about Bex more than anything. When she told me about being depressed, I was instantly worried. I was saddened even more as I watched her progress into self harming and suicidal thoughts. Every night I made it a priority to talk to her to make sure she was all right. I used everything I could think of: begging, reasoning, anything to stop her from taking her life. One night she was so close. I stayed up late into the night with her until the urge passed. After that, I've never been the same. I can't really forgive the world for bringing her to such a state. When Bex told me about this forum, initially I was resentful. A post on the forum had triggered her to cut for the first time. I also hated the fact that she was opening up to complete strangers. Now here I am, doing the very same thing. Bex told me to go on and read some posts. I did, and now I can see what a support you are to her. Thank you all for helping to keep her alive. I hope that in the future I can use some of my experience to help some of you. I also have some emotional scars myself from watching the person I cared about most go through this.
    -Adam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.