I thought my 40s were rough, 50s are awefull therefore...

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm pretty sure each decade is declining for me too. Not sure what to say here but I feel for you. Hang in there.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks walker, I think I am just feeling sorry for myself because of physical issues.

I have to do something today that is painful, it seems my IBS has turned to the C side after being D for years. So I have to chug Milk of Mag. yuck

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I am 65. Figured I would be dead long before now. Didn't save money cause I was counting on it. Am still alive and hating it. Know people in their 90's who are happy to be on the "right side of the grass". Do not understand them at all. IBS does suck Angie. We both have it. Its like a box of chocolates. You never know what you will get....or when. I am ushering at Church this month. And have to pray that things will not act up. Regarding the C side. Have you tried Citrucel tablets? You can get them from Amazon. They usually help me.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hey Barb, yah I was thinking you and I shared a few gastro problems. My IBS though its mostly been D with a few cases of C and I tracked that back to diet. But this has been months on the C side. Lost 25 lbs so far. The one thing I have found that helps the burping and bloating is a 10 dollar bottle of peppermint capsules - imagine that after all those RXs that didn't help at all. I am taking probiotics too but don't know if they are helping. I was taking Miralax until I had a 6 day C which required stronger stuff. I think Dulcolax is of the devil. It was like a colonoscopy prep. So that wiped me out. Then had 5 days of C, Milk of Mag and a big handful of prunes helped lol.

What I need is some kind of diet that doesn't make IBS and diverticulosis clash (at least that is what I think). Like neither is curable, but its got to get better than this. I'll look into the Citrusel, thanks for the recommendation. And will keep you in prayers that the ushering goes well.

Thanks for taking the time to answer and by the way I am glad you on on the top side of the grass. Big hugs, Angie

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Ushering went okay this morning. Two more Sundays this month. I haven't figured out anything diet wise to help. Not with diverticulosis or IBS. What I eat seems fine one day. Not fine the next. As of today I am down about 10-11 pounds. That is good, but some times seems to come off too fast cause I don't want to eat. Then I have had a crown come off twice the last two months. If it comes off again I will have to pay to get a new one. As to the Citrucel, I usually only take a half a tablet. Don't want to get the system too excited. And my IBS varies a lot too. Never know which way it will go.

alice202

SF Supporter
Hey I am 60 so I checked this forum out. I used to have IBS, but I have had zero problems since I became a vegetarian 7 years ago. I didn't do it for that reason, it was just an unexpected benefit. I know that diets affect everyone differently, and some people say that eating veggies gives them D. I found that is only true for me with a few vegetables like cabbage and onions. The rest make things go smoothly, so to speak.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00