I thought parents were supposed to love their kids..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MistyMaisy, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

My parents don't love me. They've made it clear. My dad's hardly here and when I tell him I'm feeling suicidal he leaves again and leaves me with my emotionally abusive mother. She makes me so suicidal I don't know why I'm still alive. Bad fate I guess. Please help, I need to know what to do when my mother starts emotionally abusing me again. She just shouted at me for asking her a question and I reduced to cutting myself. I can't deal with it anymore. Please help?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun sorry your mother is verbally abusive to you. You can talk to an adult at your school a teacher or a councillor let them know how you are feeling Youcan also call one of the crisis lines kids help line as well talk to someone you trust hun hugs

3. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

my mother, oldest sister and twinsister are the same.. :(
    I agree with Lynn, you should let people know :hug:
    I know it's really hard, but you won't be with her forever, there'll be a time when you can live without her and be happy :hug:
    may I ask how old you are?

4. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'm 16 by the way. Can't really talk to anyone because I'm not allowed on the internet or phone (but I obviously sneek the internet) :/ We go see a counselor together but my mom just talks about how much of a 'wh*re' I am. She thinks she can read my mind and think I'm thinking about boys but I don't. I think I'm asexual so I don't think of it at all to be honest. She calls me manipulative for telling the doctor about her alcohol abuse.. She calls my dad manipulative and a liar for not letting her have ALL his money. If she had control of his bank account she'd spend it all and we'd be homeless the next day. She keeps threatening for divorce and I honestly wish they'd get on with it if they were going to. I'd live with my dad.. I really need help but I don't know where to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
  5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Not all parents are good parents. In fact, there are a lot of really bad parents out there. My parents weren't the greatest, either. But there is light at the end of the tunnel - you don't have to live with them forever. I know it's hard and I wish you had someplace else to go... you should definitely leave as soon as you get the chance to. But don't hurt yourself because of the things your mom tells you, she obviously has issues of her own and it's not your fault. If your parents do divorce, you should definitely see about trying to live with your dad... I'm sure he does love you, and he's probably just leaving because he can't handle the emotional drama with your mom. I can't say I blame him for that, but it would be nice if he made an effort to protect you too. You should try to have an honest talk with your dad about it sometime when your mom isn't around... tell him that your mother's behavior is taking a toll on your sanity as well as his and that you would both be better off leaving together. I know that's probably a tough conversation to have and I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your dad, if you would even be able to broach the subject with him or not... but if you're suicidal and cutting yourself, it's worth a shot. I don't want to sound mean here, but I think you would both be better off if you got away from your mother.

6. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm really sorry to hear this Misty, I've been able to talk to a social worker without my parents' permission and such
    can you maybe call the national health service or send them an e-mail to see if there's something like that for you available?
    it may not be able to serve as help directly, but help you in finding the right help you need
    also, have you spoken about it to your father?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.