I thought ...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by voices_inmy_head, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I thought just before opening the drink, this isn't a good idea, yet I still opened it.

I've spent a week and a half totally sober, mostly because ive had a chest infection, but I didn't have the slightest thought once I need alcahol. And today I just now, opened a drink. I just thought I need a drink. And worse I didn't just pick up one drink, I picked up three.

So much for me not needing alcahol, I don't want this I just need it. I know mine is no where near as bad as others but for me it's bad.

When I felt like this before 5 years ago I had black hair, a twist of fate lately and I've ended up with black hair by mistake, I know its just a coincidence but it just made me think.

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you are worried that alcohol may be a problem for you there are places you can go for support. I had to admit last year that I was drinking too much and too often. I'v quit and relapsed more times than I'd like to remember, but now have 11 days sober and am feeling better every day. If you need online support for a drinking problem there's a great site: www.soberrecovery.com/forums Give it a shot to see what it's like. I find a lot of support and encouragement there. All the best to you.

3. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Thanks for the site, I may look at it sometime so ive bookmarked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.