I thought...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by InnerStrength, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

So, I was just trying to joke around with a co-worker tonight, mildly correcting him. He replied "you have the intelligence of a gold fish, you don't know what you are talking about half of the time" he sounded angry when he said it but I can't help but think that his true colors came out. This person said before he thought I was intelligent, and then he says this. Is there any legitimate reason to trust somebody? You think you know someone :dry:
  2. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

No. That is what allways happend there is no honest and good people in the world who have good intentions. Most of people are not so sensitive and can take all that shit and throw it for others so you have to just fit the norm and go in the game or keep the pain.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Anger is a cover emotion so I wonder if maybe he felt silly, or humiliated or stupid and so tried to make you feel bad for covering that he felt bad?
  4. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

That could be, I don't know. He did say the only reason he said that was because he initially didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Regardless I was just trying to joke around and didn't have any ill intention when I said that to him.
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It sounds like maybe through no fault of yours, or his, he felt silly. Sometimes misunderstandings happen and its not anyones fault and certainly not their intention, they just happen. Maybe try and approach him about what he said?
  6. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

People are two-faced and fundamentally unpleasant. They present a veneer of niceness but as soon as you disagree with them - shhhhhing the claws come out and its goodbye to your eyes!
  7. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

you cannot trust anyone fullstop.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.