I tired of this bs

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I just got back from my group session and I can't do this anymore. Aside from the fact that I drank this past weekend anyway, the group can be so damn frustrating. There is this new guy and despite the fact he is in a goddamn group for drugs and alcohol, he is not an alcoholic. In fact, he comes off like he's a counselor or a self righteous dumbass cause he kept trying to give me advice or what it really was, a load of hypocritical bullshit.

you know what his advice on not drinking was? Not drink. Wow! Why the bloody hell did I never think of that. I guess I should never cut again, or have thoughts ever! I just felt so discouraged walking out of that place tonight. I feel so out of place with everyone around me....It's hard to be in the sessions, around my family, just living in general. I don't mean to take away from anyone else's problems, but I can't take this hurt anymore.

2. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

if the group session is not helping you anymore then i wouldn't go to it. There are folks out there like that. My father was an alcoholic until 1997 when one of his kidney's died on him.

3. sadhart

im sorry, you don't get it. of course I can leave. Hey I think my life is shit, why don't I just off myself as well. you don't don't think I've thought of either? you think I like going to a place, where I have no idea what I can say whether it's that place or here? im sorry, but like the title of this topic says, im tired of the bullshit.

4. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i think you know the answer to your own problems. i guess a suicidal/homicidal person can't help you. sorry.

5. sadhart

no i don't know the answer to my own problems. because the one question i keep asking myself is why does it still hurt and why won't the pain go away.

6. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I don't know what your problems are, and I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm in pain , too. I think a lot of us (most of us) are dealing with our pain, and trying to help each other

You're important, and I care.

I don't have any solutions, but I ask you to stick around, get some of the support and encouragement available here.

Help someone else. You didn't cut today? Man, that's good, maybe someone in the crisis forum or the self harm section is on the verge of cutting, and you can help them. Reach out, I know it's hard to help when you're in pain, but it can lift you a little. Sorry your group session sucked, I've attended AA meetings where the same thing happened. Frustrating as shit, isn't it? They all won't be that way, Pick out the bits that are relevant to you, and let the rest go.

Peace

7. sadhart

Thanks, I'll try to do that as often as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.