I told someone and I don't know if they even cared

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by twilight, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

I told this guy that is my friend but I wish he was my boyfriend sometimes. He is seeing someone else though. I was texting him about how just before he left I was going to tell him something. It was about this note I wrote on facebook. At first I said I didn't want to talk about it but then I told him because he gets mad when I don't tell him things. In the note I basically implied that my life sucks. It was one of those survey type things. I didn't mention the note but I told him how I want to kill myself but can't because that is related to the things in the note. Anyways, he didn't say anything for a long time so I finally asked if he cared about me. He said he did and later he said he didn't say anything because he was busy. But it's like, how long does it take to make a text message? What could he have been doing that he couldn't take a break for 5 minutes to make one?

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Either he is a jerk or unsure of what to do. When I told my friend a few years back that I wanted to commit suicide, she didn't say much either. It doesn't mean for sure that he doesn't care, for someone who isn't depressed themselves to find out a close friend is can be hard to handle. Maybe he's afraid that you've confided in him and he doesn't know what to do? :dunno: My PM box is open if you'd like to talk.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sure he cared but was unable to respond just as someone tells you they have a terminal illness people just don't know what to say or they are afraid they will say the wrong things. He probably has no experiance what so ever in dealing with depression give him time okay. we care.

4. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

I told him because I thought he would understand since he said he felt like killing himself but it wasn't an option in a note on facebook.

5. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

theres a big difference between being suicidal and wanting to be dead. ive had the same thing with my friends. they say they want to end it, you tell them that you feel the same and why, but it scares them because they dont always mean it as seriously as we do. to most people its a figure of speech. to me, how i feel is a way of life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.