I Took a Shower with a Spider...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by pit, Dec 28, 2010.

1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

... and Survived!

The little bugger was a little more than a quarter of an inch long. It kept climbing up the wet walls of the tub and tried to scramble towards me, but kept falling back. I didn't kill it, but kept an eye on it as I lathered up and shampooed. It eventually rested on a bar of soap. So basically, the spider and I used the soap this morning.

I made no attempt to kill it 'cause I hate killing spiders. Maybe this thread would be more exciting to read if the spider were 4 feet long, but the reason I'm sharing this is, if I can share my shower with a spider, why can't the rest of the world follow my example and be tolerant of the different things around us. Why can't the Muslims, for example, tolerate the Christians? It's something to ponder about.

Centipedes, on the other hand, are ugly as shit and I kill them on sight.

2. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Loved this thread :clap:

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:rofl: :laugh: This should be a sticky thread! :D
  4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Interesting thought.... Now.... I agree with the Christians living in peace with the muslims... but I could NEVER share a shower with a spider! If I see one... I am leaving that shower pronto and trying to get somebody to get it out of there for me. Now... if I'm living alone I just would never use that shower again until the spider is gone. lol.
  5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i think thats really awesome that you didnt kill it :smile: i would probably continue my shower as well bc i hate having to get out right in the middle of it if someone calls for example. its just too COLD! but anyway, i agree with you. thanks for sharing that with us :smile:
  6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Umm, there would be no way that I could stand there in a shower with a spider, good patience on you!!!I sat front row at the movie theatre when arapniphobia (I know I cant spell) came out, and every since then spiders freak me out.

Im in agreeance with you on the other, why cant we all just get along, lol.

I grew up in a very racist family (whites against blacks) and now as an adult I have some great black friends. If anything Im racist against humans, we are all crazy now a days. Were killing eachother, giving blame for what happend in the way past. Kids beating eachother up, shooting up schools, parents throwing their kids out windows.

Why cant we all just see that this WORLD is in a whole lot of trouble and its going to get so much worse if we dont stop fighting against eachother and start working together.

Its a shame, but as long as we continue to teach our children the way that we do, I dont see anything changing in the near future.
  7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Thanx. It was quite like arachnophobia.

8. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

this is by far, one of the most awesome threads around. lol
  9. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

My unbridled admiration to you!
    People's lack of tolerance and active hatred of others is astonishing isn't it? Why can't everyone just be nice? It's so much easier than being angry and hateful.
  10. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

good one, love the thread. just that, ermmm.. cant really say i like your example too much.. im muslim and i think i have only three other muslim friends.. the rest have all been non muslim all the way back to kindergarten.. i think its not religion thats responsible... more that people who hate needlessly that need to fix a few screws.. :screwloose:

11. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

HAHA I loved it!

Don't feel bad about the centipede thing, finding someone who would be comfortable showering with a centipede would be hard to find!
  12. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

omg I'm dead scared of spiders but I try not to kill them either, I'll try and trap them in a container and take them outside, because well, there's no insects in my house so it would starve anyways and that makes me sad, so I let out outside in the hopes it gets a better life away from me lol
  13. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I'm not afraid of spiders,nor any insects for that matter. They're harmless!

Why cant we all just get along? because Ignorance is seemingly easier.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  14. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i once showered with a moth, does that count too? :D