I took around 25 purple capsule tablets...

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Anonymousboy, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymousboy

    Anonymousboy Member

    I took around 25 purple capsule tablets and only woke up with a slight headache and felt nautious, I was hoping not to wake up, I'm sure they were paracetomals or sleeping pills or something
  2. wheresmysheep

    wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

    well we are not allowed to talk methods, but od's
    1. take a long time to take their desired effect, usually 5days depending on the drug.

    2. the lethal does depens on alot of you personaly info taht of whick i wont go into.

    3. depends on the drug itself too.

    why did you do it? what caused you to get that far?

    have you seen anyone about how you feel?
  3. soliloquise

    soliloquise Well-Known Member

    for paracetamol there is a very short window of time in which to get an antidote to prevent very painful liver damage.

    There are often no symptoms in the first 24 hours following overdose, although there may be mild nausea and vomiting.

    Treatment of a serious paracetamol overdose is mainly by administration of an antidote which can prevent the toxic effects of the overdose. This must be done early, ideally within 12 hours of the overdose although it can still be beneficial up to 24 hours or even later.

    Treatment must be supervised in a hospital. It is important that if a paracetamol overdose is suspected, hospital treatment is sought without delay.

    In England and Wales on average approximately 130 deaths per year can be directly attributed to paracetamol alone. In the vast majority of these cases the overdose is deliberate, and these deaths are returned as certain or probable suicides. In a small number of cases the overdose was intentional but the individual's expectation was not to cause death. Such deaths may be recorded as accidental.

    please go to the hospital. liver damage is a very very painful and unpleasant thing at can be prevented in most cases by treatment

    please dont discuss methods here, it is a pro life forum... why don't you tell us what led you to this point?
  4. Aaron

    Aaron Well-Known Member

    I didn't know Paracetamol could be lethal....wow you learn something new everyday!
  5. gentlelady

    gentlelady Staff Alumni

    I am not sure that is really information we need to know. What is the purpose of your reply? Remember this is a support forum and I find nothing pertinent to the OP pileofgarbage.

    Anonymous-I hope you are feeling better and do not find the need to repeat this. Often times with an OD of this nature it is possible to end up with liver damage. The after affects can cause more problems for you. If you notice anything please let your gp know what and how much you took so you can be momitored.
  6. control freak

    control freak Member

    I echo what has already been said. I'm sorry to hear you felt bad enough to take an overdose, but you need to get checked out at a hospital as with paracetamol overdoses, the effects aren't seen until a few days afterwards and by then you could be in liver failure.
  7. SpencerA

    SpencerA Well-Known Member

    are you taking anti-depressants or any other form of medication? i used to od a lot on citalopram and woke up with similar symptoms, but its the long-term damage that's the issue, and also how you're feeling right now, cause its all too well talking about liver damage blah blah blah but if you're not getting any emotional support for why you od'd in the first place then worse things could happen if you don't seek help and support xxxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.