I tried but failed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AJE, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

I stupidly tried to end it all on Thursday night, thank god I didn't succeed.
    I now feel optimistic to get myself sorted.
    I think it scared me to realise how close I had come & how it's not the answer.
    I hope this doesn't break rules, sorry if it does.

Fading_Awayy and Red Nightmare like this.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, AJE. I'm sorry you felt that badly and desperate. I'm glad you didn't "succeed" at it.

Constructive things are a much happier solution. Do you have some things in mind to help you move forward now? I'm glad you shared here, and hope you will keep us posted on how you're doing. You'll have a whole team of cheerleaders here as you try new and positive things. :)

AJE likes this.
  3. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

AJE, I hope that you are well. They say that once you reach the bottom the only way is up, hopefully you are on the way to happier and more peaceful days.

AJE likes this.
  4. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

THANKYOU Acy & mph
    After my relationship when wrong I was left with literally nothing, just the clothes I could retrieve & my car, this time last year I had a place to live & all that comes with that.
    I need a place to live & build my life up again, I have great support from family & friends, I'm lucky tho I didn't feel it on Thursday night.
    I have so much to look forward to, my kids & a great friend who has always supported me, she's amazing.
    I want to work hard now & save money so I can make mine & my kids lives better.
    Thanks to everyone on here whose offered me great support when I was so low.
    It won't be easy but as u say at your lowest the only way is up.

Red Nightmare likes this.
  5. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I am in the position of unemployment and living on a small pension and no health insurance for myself. My wife and I barely make ends meet yet she is the optimist and I am pragmatic. There are days that are tough yet for some reason I keep plugging along, you will too.

AJE likes this.
  6. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thanks mpk
    I am naturally a pessimist but I know now I have to look beyond today & to the future.
    I have a great support network

7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

AJE I'm so glad you're okay, you sound a lot better and more optimistic. Sounds like you have a good support system, stay close to them and lean on is here at the site. We care about you my friend and if you ever want to talk, just message me.
    Brian

AJE likes this.
  8. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thanks very much Brian, I've just spent the last hour reaching out to friends & they are so supportive.
    I feel a bit better & it's helping to spur me on.

Brian777 likes this.
  9. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am happy to hear you are still here! And it's good to hear that you are now getting some help and moving forward! Take good care of you! You are important!!

Brian777 likes this.
  10. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thanks phantomlady
    You've always along with others been there to support me.
    I've met some great people on here.
    I put my story out on social media & ive had such an amazing response.
    Thankyou to everyone whose supported me, it really has made a big difference

ThePhantomLady and Brian777 like this.
  11. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

AJE-I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to the topic of the forum. I struggled with suicidal thoughts and chronic depression for decades. You are not alone-your feelings are not wrong and illogical. Many thousands of people all over the world feel just like you do. Rest in the knowledge that you are never alone and you are always loved and accepted by your sisters and brothers.

AJE likes this.
  12. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thankyou life talks
    This is all so new to me, I've been down before but this is another level.
    I realise how important friends & family are when u get to this stage.
    I'm feeling brighter today, a good friend has invited me round to watch the football later, it's something I havnt done in ages & im looking forward to it.
    Life seems a bit brighter today after months of feeling hopeless.

13. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello AJE, so glad you are with us and looking forward to something. That is wonderful to hear.

When you've been so down, "a bit brighter" is HUGE.

Take care and keep us updated.

Big hugs, Angie

AJE likes this.
  14. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thanks texaskitty
    I feel like getting so low has given me a sort of boost.
    It really is the only way is up.
    I have lots of good people to call upon when it gets a bit much again, I genuinely feel a bit boosted .
    I realise now I need people around me as much as possible.
    Hugs
    Andy

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

*hugs* AJE

I'm delighted you have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. You're here for a reason and only you can find that reason. I am really glad you survived to tell the tale :)

AJE likes this.
  16. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

It helped me a lot to focus on getting through just one day with my head on straight-instead of always worrying about how I was going to fix the rest of my life forever. Knowing that my feelings weren't crazy and irrational helped a lot too. There really are millions of people who feel exactly like you do-your life is a lot more normal than you think it is. Have faith that you are never alone-there are many walking the same path with you. I hope this day is a good day for you. LT

AJE likes this.
  17. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Thanks Petal
    It was a low moment that made me sort of realise I have to start making efforts to feel happy.
    You have to get really low I suppose to start working back up.
    I have aims to focus on & im going to do all I can to get through this, I want to end the year on a high note.:)

18. AJE

AJE Well-Known Member

Great advice lifetalkz
    One day at a time & baby steps to being a better person.
    Feeling better today thanks.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.