I tried but....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by masive, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masive

masive Banned Member

Hey guys,

I went to see my GP (doctor) about the way I am feeling like surgested.. He asked me a bunch of question gave me a score and told me I am run down and stressed out. (mild depression) take a hoilday he said. He clearly has it too easy at work and earns too much to say such a silly thing. We had alittle chat about a few things and he has given me some tablets call "Diazepam" to take every night. They are addictive.. I have put them in the bin.. I will not take drugs... If i wanted to put drugs into my body I would use crack and at least get something out of it..

I think I just need a friend that I can really talk too... What do you guys think??
  2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

have you tried seeing councilors and things like that hun?
  3. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Hi buddy

Just a quick note on the pills. It is standard procedure for GPs to prescribe light antidepressants for depression. The minor league antidepressants like Citalopram aren't addictive and can help balance you out in the short-term. Unless you know your problem is chemical-based, the pills are only given as a sort of stabiliser so you have enough energy and motivation to get your longer-term issues under control.

GPs aren't always very useful in sensitive areas like mental health, but are good for pez-dispensing antidepressants and getting you referred to proper mental health services. Your GP should be able to refer you to your local mental health authority or a counselling service. Think of them as a means to an end.

Oh, and I can sympathise with you about crappy GPs. My own is like the mad baboon Rafiki from the Lion King. He couldn't find his ass with both hands!
  4. masive

masive Banned Member

Dont need it. I just think I am worring like mad because of business I am stressed out to hell.. just need a good chat i think but i dont know the answer.
  5. masive

masive Banned Member

Oh, and I can sympathise with you about crappy GPs. My own is like the mad baboon Rafiki from the Lion King. He couldn't find his ass with both hands![/QUOTE]

Very good. Mine lives in his own little world i think maybe he needs the tablets more than me lol
  6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

it says to me that OP is banned but ill reply anyway.

idk what the doctor is doing giving out valiums like that.
    like another user said, some anti-depressants would have probably been better to start with.
  7. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

How you feeling now? I know what you mean about the tablets but as was said sometimes then can help even if its just to stablize your mood. Unfortunatley diazepam (sorry cant spell it) can become addicted but if used in the short term just until you can get more support say from a counsellor or something, it can help with your thoughts or feelings. But I agree would have thought it would be best to start off with something different.
    Sometimes its like GPs haven't got even the slightest clue about mental health issues and can be just as ignorant as someone from the general public.
    I love the examples etc of your GPs though :smile: made me laugh.
    Is there any support near you that you can use to talk to someone in person if that helps more? Hope your ok x
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think your right talking to a good psychologist is better then meds a psychologist will teach you how to deal with the stressors and look after you. Talking to someone is truly healing see if you can get to see a therapist okay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.