i tried reaching out

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by swimmergirl, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

and no one gets it. How clear do I need to make it, do I just tell them where and when I am going to kill myself, do i have to spell it out, or are people in general not able to help a person at this point? I feel more hopeless now then i did before i asked for help...i am so alone and so ready to die.

2. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

Hey,

I'm sorry that no one seemed to take you seriously or understand it.

Unfortunately, people aren't mind readers. As much as we sometimes would like them to be. You may think that someone should understand what you're feeling, but they might not. I've just kind of figured this out. That if I want something done I need to be specific.

So maybe it might take you telling people your plans for them to fully understand where you're at.

Hope you can hang in there.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Who did you reach out to? Most people don't understand the matter. It is not taught in school how to help.

Did you try calling crisis? They have training to help us.

Keep posting here, we understand and we'll walk with you through this.

:hug:

4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey, we can do our best to understand and listen :hug: stay with us sweet and lets see if we can get some hope back for you

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

calling crisis they will help you and understand you they will take you seriously
    most family members don't want to hear or accept that their love one is suicidal
    It is better to call professionals for help please call crisis or Good Samaratins okay come back and talk with us anytime please

6. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

You can find help here, and we're always here for you. Feel free to PM me.

7. swimmergirl

i told my friends pretty explicity that all i do is think about death and killing myself and that i am in so much pain right now and really depressed. I was so fucking vulnerable and nothing has changed, i still feel the same and now i question if any one really does care if i live or not. And, I dont mean to sound like i was testing my friends, i am just really confused as to why everyone seems to have abandoned me when I need them the most. Now i am afraid to tell anyone else because if they dont seem to think it is an issue then maybe its not, maybe its just time for me to go.

8. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

swimmer you don't have to go anywhere or do anything to hurt yourself. keep posting how you are feeling.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hiya,

Im sorry you're still struggling hun :( but we're right here with you!
    How did your friends react when you told them how you feel? Did any of them actually say they didn't care?
    Im sure they do care, Im sure everyone that knows you cares..most people don't understand, therefore don't know how to help :(
    How is your professional help coming along?
    Keep talking if its helps x

10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :hug:

people often don't know how to react when you tell them that you're feeling this way and therefore respond through inaction - which as you have found is not helpful. it doesn't mean that your not cared for though sweet :hug:

we are always here to talk through things with you and you will find a lot of understanding and a willingness to help here. :arms:

11. ace

ace Well-Known Member

My ignorant freind well really is my cousin's friend sais he doesn't feel sorry for people who are abled bodies and says the most offensive insulting things also.I feel upset in a sense because he like alot of people have tried to abuse my good nature,but oh well.SG why don't you let me be your friend I'll never leave you.

12. swimmergirl

thanks everyone for listening to me rant and for responding. I still feel like no one hears me in terms of my friends, and I am not even sure what i expect them to do or say, i just wish i did not feel so alone with all of this shit.

As for my treatment team, my psychiatrist gets it, and was on the verge of hospitalizing me today, but he didn't. I think a part of me wants him to make that decision right now and take control when i feel so out of control. does that make sense?

I see him again on wednesday, what should I say to him??

13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Tell what you truly want to happen If you want help its there for you tell your doctor you need to feel happy and better about things. get some help now okay start feeling better sooner rather than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.