I tried so hard...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ravenwing, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Damnit! I had been doing so well and I had not cut for almost a week Last night I was feeling so shitty and low, yup, you guessed it... I cut. My thigh is a mess. I just feel like a total failure now. :blub:

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

At least you made it a week. That is a good thing.. now just try for longer. We all have setbacks and just because you gave in to an urge it doesn't mean you fail or anything. fighting the urge for a week is really good.

3. ahjo

ahjo Active Member

I haven't been cutting myself for more than year now. Sometimes I feel like i want to do it but i have so many scars already that I'm really embarrassed and I'm tired with questions 'What happened?' 'What are those scars?' . Don't say you failure. It just happens. I've cut myself with no reasons just cos I had a bad day or I was feeling bit down. If i feel like that now i crash everything around me..

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You did not fail you won for a week that took alot of strength right. Hopefully what ever triggered you you can put it behind you now or talk to your therapist about it and get a new way to cope okay one set back does not mean you failed hugs to you I hope you can talk to someone okay to help heal that pain you were feeling

5. Ravenwing

I don't see my therapist again until the second week in March. I feel just as bad now as I did last night and I am really scared that I will end up doing it again. :blub:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Is there anyway you can call your therapist and jsut talk over the phone for awhile. If not call crisis line just to talk to someone i find that helps me calm down some so i don't do anything i regret Keep posting her too okay get the emotions out here so it does not build up inside you hugs

7. Ravenwing

I'm telephone phobic, so if I have to talk on the phone, I get hysterical. I got my leg again last night. I'm waiting for a friend to come over and hopefully she will call my doctor for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.