I tried to get help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HomerSimpson, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I am not sure if anyone remembers my previous post, but it is here http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=55116. I wanted to give those who read it a update. I finally got the courage to call, and explained my financial situation about having no insurance and no job. I was hoping she would be work with me a lot, but is seemed she really did not want to. I was hoping something like $25-35 a session, but she said $75. There is just really no way I can pay $75 each time, but it is ok. I need help really bad, and I finally got the courage to call, and this is what happens. As I said it is okay though. My life is hopeless, and I want to die more and more each day. I have nothing to live for, I have nothing to look forward to. There is nothing in this world that makes me happy anymore. I have no one in this world to share things with. My mother knows I am depressed, but she simply tells me take a pain pill and go to sleep. So you see I say it is okay though, because I do not want to live anyway. There is no hope for me.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Homer I remember your other post and it's a shame she wouldn't work with you. On the upside it's good that you got the courage to try. That in itself is a good step forward. Don't lose hope at the frst hurdle. You've got to keep that courage going and carry on looking for help. Saying that I've come upon people here in he forum who are as good as any shrink I've ever known and they come for free.Best wishes.S.

3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i'm sorry you found the courage and then it turns out this way. Is there any other services you can contact that offers counselling for those who are struggling? I know it probably feels worthless and a waste of time but it is so very hard to believe our life can improve when we have hurdles in front of us.

4. HomerSimpson

I may see if there is anything the local hospital offers like support groups, etc.

5. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

Hey
    Im sorry for the situation your in **hugs**
    I know where i live there are places that only take donations for their services, is there anything like that where you are?
    Where do you live like what country, and i can ask my counsellor if they know of any free telephone services or places who volenteer or take only doations. Its a long shot but worth a try.

I hope you find someone who is willing to help you in your situation

good luck
    Kirsty xoxoxo

6. HomerSimpson

North Carolina, and I am not sure if there is anything like that where I live.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Call your local hospital and ask for the phsyc ward and ask them if there are any therapists around who work off a sliding payscale. While your at it ask about any group therpies that might be available? Don't give up! there are alot of different paths to lead towards being positive about yourself. As Simon said there are alot of memebers here who give good advice because basically alot of us are repeating what our therapists have taught us. Please take care!!~Joseph~

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

There is nothing in this world that I want either.
    I don't think that's a bad thing.
    I think that's a good thing if you have a change in perspective.

Maybe people think I'm too preachy on here I don't know.
    But a book that saved my life was A Course In Miracles. It let me know that God loves me and that this world is just temporary and not our true home. If you really feel there is nothing left for you in this world, it might be time to turn inward, towards truth. In reality, there is nothing in this world that will last, and nothing worth grabbing hold of.

But I've got your hand. I'm lonely too. Try to feel me there holding your hand, because I need someone to hold my hand too. And we can get through this. Keep posting. Keep looking for help. Save up 75$ and go once every two or three weeks if it's all you can afford. You are so worth saving. You are so worth being here. Death is not where you belong. You are meant to be alive, now.
    I wish I lived close to you and I could give you a real hug. :hug: :hug:
    Those are real hugs that I just haven't gotten to give to you yet. I owe you two now.

I really think you're amazing and care about you a lot! I like your posts, you seem so genuine, sincere. I really hope you stick with us, and find something that works. Whatever you're doing in your life right now, it's not working. Time to try something new.
    I'll hold your hand through it :handinhand:

:wub:

9. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

Im here too I'll hold your hand, and walk the path with you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.