i tried to hang myself :(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by whybother?, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

yesturday ALOT of bad shit happened and today at work i got a fone call from my sister saying shit has happened with my landlord, THEN my boss decided to be a wanker at work, i couldnt handle all this happening, so i grabbed the nearest strap, locked myself in the bathroom, < Mod edit Hazel: Method > i forced my way down, after a min or so i started to get an intence headache and seeing red infront of my eyes, i chickened out tho, i couldnt do it , if i died it wud hurt to many ppl :sad: i wish i was more selfish then i wouldnt give a shit about about other ppl and id be dead by now. im SO REALLY tempted to try it in my shower right now tho < Mod edit Hazel: Method >

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
  2. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

Well, when all else fails, what helps stop the suicidal impulses for me is the fear of surviving with paralysis and, as you mention, the effect on one's family, e.g.

http://www.suicidegrief.com/

Please don't do anything except get the support that you need. It can only help to call a suicide hotline. Worse come to worse, please call 911.

Things can only get better, often sooner than later though people do have setbacks/relapses. Most people who attempt suicide feel good enough the next day to enjoy eating lunch and watching a movie. I have seen it and experienced it myself when I was in the psych ward after a suicide attempt.

3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

:arms: i just wanted to say that if you need to talk pm me. i am still fairly new here but am willing to listen if you need to talk.

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

What happened yesterday Nigel? I'm sorry it got to the stage where you felt the urge to hurt yourself, I really hope you don't try again. I know things are hard for you at the moment but you're a strong person and can get through what life throws at you.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear your day was so rough yesterday. I am glad that you are here to post today and talk about it. I hope as the day progresses you begin to feel enough better that those thoughts are no longer forefront in your mind. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

6. whybother?

things wont get better, resistance if u can check out my other thread i made , it'll come clear wat happened :smile:

i honestly cant think my life can get any better tbh, stuck in a dead end job. and no i cant get another job, i dont have any qualifications! im in my new house and i really dont like the idea of working senseless only to have most of it taken away for rent, doing that day in day out for years to come, yea thats worth staying around for isnt it?

i have no g/f , no real friends, shit job, shit life, seriously why shud i stay around?

death wud be a relief :sad:

7. SoHappyItHurts

I hope you see a therapist soon. You will be able to have a worthwhile social life sooner or later if you get sufficient treatment and don't give up.

8. whybother?

well the thing is sohappyithurts if i get therapy then my family will know i have mental health issues, this has actually happened in the past, the ammount of fucking attention i got from my family just made me feel 10000 times worse, so im not seeking professional help, it'll only attract attention and i HATE attention

but thanx for ur advice :smile:

9. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Why does your family have to know if you get therapy?

10. whybother?

well wat happened last time was the thearpist told my parents cuz i was a danger to myself

11. SoHappyItHurts

Are you now over 18? If so, I don't think parent notification would be an issue anymore.

12. whybother?

yea im 22 , and i thought they told ur next of kin if ur a threat to urself no matter wat age, im a lil dumb bout all this so im more than likely wrong

13. SoHappyItHurts

In most areas, when the patient is an adult, the therapist can only notify "medical or law enforcement personnel," and that is only if stringent criteria has been met regarding imminent suicide risk. For example, the fact you recently attempted suicide is not legally sufficient for indicating imminent suicide risk. Even if you meet such criteria, the worse that can happen is you get a few days off from work while vacationing in a psych ward (usually no more than 72 hours of involuntary hospitalization unless a judge agrees you are still suicidal).

BTW, if you want to read up on the latest laws, I think you can check the online state statutes for your state. Also:

http://books.google.com/books?id=hV...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result

14. whybother?

ah thanks for that :) i may actually consider seeing a therapist, if i can survive that long tho :sad:

actually im going to bed before i rly do sumthing, thanx again for ur help

15. SoHappyItHurts

As they say, "one day/moment at a time."

16. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I went to a workplace counsellor and she notified my husband and my work :( Where I work there are guns around. Then my work wanted to the work in the area that gives out the guns:eek:hmy: So I let her know and she took it higher and then I didn't have to work in that area.

17. whybother?

watching videos of ppl commiting suicide, im so fucking jealous, only reason im not doing it is becuz i dont want my sister to find me hanging in my shower, it wud hurt her SO much, then i was thinking i cud do it sumwhere else, obviously sum1 will tell her im dead but atleast she wont see my body

even if i do go see a therapist its very unlikely anything will change anyway, i'll still have to work, pay rent, work pay rent, etc etc for years and years and years to come, thats how ppl live tho isnt it? they work and work and have to pay to get through life, and i REALLLLLLLLY dont wanna have to be doing that for the next god knows how many years, seriously if thats wats to come for me, im gonna jump from the nearest high building here, i DO NOT want to be living like that!

18. SoHappyItHurts

It is true that people in a very depressed state of mind feel as you do now (hopeless), but that hopelessness is just a symptom of the depression. What I find even more troubling is your sense of desperation/anxiety as studies have shown that is a greater indication regarding suicide attempts compared to hopelenssness. This is to say if you can just calm down or feel enough rational fear against the consequences of attempting suicide, you won't kill yourself even if things feel hopeless right now. Again, it can only help to call a suicide hotline or to even seek hospitalization to take a safe break. You have nothing to lose by at least trying to seek treatment or just postponing suicide. Depression requires continual treatment. You can't just say you had therapy three years ago and say that is that.

That would not discount the lifetime effect suicide grief can have on family members. Suicide is unlike any other death. The grief is very complicated, with guilt sometimes lasting decades. And this is just one reason not to kill yourself.

Actually, the opposite is true.

People with depression, anxiety, etc. like myself have low frustration tolerance as a result of the depression. So when the depression is at its worst, even going to the store to buy food can seem overwhelming. I have known people with depression, myself included, who enjoy working even more after being at their most depressed since there is social interaction and one is distracted from the negative thoughts. There is even a video that shows this that I saw when I was a psychology major, but I don't think it is available on YouTube.

19. whybother?

ur proberly rite i just dont like the idea of just working only just to have all my money taken away from me, then to do it all over again

all morning ive been planning my death :sad: :sad:

20. SoHappyItHurts

Have you considered trying to save money by living with a roommate? I realize, though, that is often not a great idea since it can just add more stress, though it may balance out if the roommate provides some degree of socialization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.