I tried to tell you!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aussiegal, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

So last time I was on this merry go round I kept things all to myself. THen my boyfriend wanted to know why I didn't go to him for help. Well guess what... this time I tried. Today I tried to tell him how bad I was feeling. Told him I have not been sleeping. Told him I cannot sit still and felt agitated, angry, restless. The response. Well you need to just lay on the lounge and go to sleep. You are concentrating on how agitated you feel instead of relaxing. If you just relaxed you would be fine.

Ummm.... no it doesn't work that way.

I am trying to tell you that I am NOT fine!!!! I need help. I am asking you for help!! Please dont tell me that I dont talk to u about these things because this is me trying to tell you!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. aussiegal

And no... I dont give a shit about the adjustable height tv bracket you want. I just want to feel better.
  3. aussiegal

Am I horrible for feeling this way???
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No, you aren't horrible at all for feeling this way. Everyone should feel accepted and loved, and it's sad that your boyfriend isn't supporting you the way he should. Most people are like this with me, so I know how much it sucks. If you need someone to talk to about how you're feeling, or just anything, feel free to talk to me.
  5. aussiegal

Thanks. Hoping to be admitted into hospital tomoro after I see the dr. FIngers crossed he will be supportive.
  6. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

Actually, if I may venture a guess, you may have been too vague.

A lot of people deal with what you described and aren't clinically depressed.

I think you need to give him more credit. I don't think it's that he's not supportive, it's probably that he just doesn't quite realize the scope of what you were saying.

You may need to be very, VERY frank with him. Tell him the things that you are too afraid to be more direct about. Going to the hospital will probably get the message across, though.

Just don't count him out so quickly. He may turn out to be very supportive once he realizes how serious this really is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.