I used to selfharm.. but it still really hurts

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Vampiress892, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampiress892

Vampiress892 Active Member

So ow, litereally.
    I haven't selfharmed in 5 months, if i make it to 7 i'll have passed my record. My worst cuts have always been on my right arm because for some reason i'd cut deeper with my left hand then my right even thougyhi 'm right handed *SORRY FOR TYPO's Keyboard is broken**** Anyways, my leg scars don't hurt, my left arm scars don't hurt but the scars on my shoulder of my right arm really hurt. Its like I just cut. The scar is barely visible but its a a line of hurt exactly under this one scar. It really hurts and I can't figure out why, maybe because of the cold, but i had scars last winter and they didn't hurt.. Can anyone help?
    (I'd rather not get suggestions to see a doctor.. my parents would kill me if they think i had an infection from a cut)
  2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

One of mine is right down to the muscle and does still hurt.

Not sure if this is correct but found it googling for you.

"Some scars may hurt if touched even after they have formed and this is because the nerves, blood vessels, muscles, etc have also been damaged under the skin and touching or feeling a scar is putting pressure on them."

Hopefully this will get better with time.
  3. Vampiress892

Vampiress892 Active Member

Yeah.. It has just been the last few days though, i hope it goes away. But until then i'll just have to not use my writing hand/arm so i physically can't do homework! ;D (See there is always a goodside to things!) but yeah, its starting to look bruised now to, its a little darker around my old scars now, but its not circular it like follows the path of my scars, i might have irritated them by scratching them or something since scar tissue is techincally "Always healing"
  4. SilhouetteOfADancer

SilhouetteOfADancer Active Member

It might well be that you have caused some small degree of nervous damage in your arm hence the pain. You'll probably feel it in your arm rather than leg because the tissue in the arms is thinner than that of the legs and thus, the nerves are more exposed. I would advise consulting a doctor in order to assertain whether or not the damage will be perminent and/or if there are ways of perhaps easing the pain by way of a cream or something to that description. I have the same issue as you, and based upon what you have said, i can comfortably say that there is little or no risk of infection, and if there was, it would have manifested itself and been noticable much earlier on. But consult a doctor regardless, just to gain the facts, and i certainly wouldn't worry about infection.
    Might i also say, congratulations on being SH free for five months, and i have confidence that you will make it far beyond your current record of seven months.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.