I used to think....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by boblong, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boblong

boblong New Member

First poster here.....

I used to think I knew why I was unhappy, but now I do not, I am just depressed all the time. I thought that bringing my grades up would make me feel better; I drink much less and stopped smoking marijuana. But I realized that I was depressed for some time, just pushing it down with drugs and alcohol. I finally stopped those things, thinking I would be happier, only to realize I am not. All I want to do is get high, but I know that is not the right thing to do. The only reason I feel bad about suicide is the people, mainly family, that I will hurt terribly. (If I had no family, I would be dead)

I mean, whats the point if I am not happy. Sure I may not kill myself tonight, but if I feel this way, its only a matter of time. I want to be happy for myself and not because of drugs (prescription anti-depressants).

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

1) you should see a shrink to be evaluated to determin if you need meds or not!
    2) you should seek out a therapist to learn how to cope.
    Those are my thoughts on the matter. Then again it could be withdrawls from the weed and alcohol that are making you feel this way.
    I smoked pot since I was 12 and finally quit in my 30s. Alcohol I stopped using about 10 years ago. I will have a couple of beers with my brother just to be social. Most of the time I drink ice tea.
    It was always told to me that pot isn't addictive, well that is bullshit. I am 51 now and I wish I could smoke it legally to this day. That is why I recommend the two steps above. Take Care!!~Joseph~

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think you should be evaluated also. Depression can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Medication can help to restore that. It doesn't mean you have to be on them forever. You wouldn't refuse treatment for another medical condition such as diabetes or bacterial infection. This is really no different. Don't be afraid to accept help. :hug:

4. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I am the same. Since a certain number of years ago i've been touched by depression. I have fleeting moments of happiness but the overall feeling never changes. Its also taken away my enthusiasm for things, hence im cynical and my life is shit anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.