I view life as a burden

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tweeble, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweeble

tweeble Member

With each passing day, life resembles more of a chore or burden. It's something I have to do, not something I want to do. If I'm not wishing I hadn't been born, I'm hoping I die in my sleep. I'm getting worn down and suicide seems like a logical choice.

I just don't enjoy life anymore. It's frustrating. When I was young, I enjoyed doing just about anything. I was always active and looking forward to stuff. But, for whatever reason, that changed as I got older. I'm pretty much a recluse now. No friends. No love life. My family is nearly gone. I have nothing to look forward to. And I'm not talking about long-term stuff like becoming a grandfather, it's the short-term stuff like a movie, TV show, etc. There is nothing on the immediate horizon that makes me say, "Man, I can't for that!" It's just so sad and pathetic. It's almost as if I'm not alive, but I simply exist.

The best part of my day is when I can sleep. The worst is when I wake up knowing I won't be able to sleep for awhile. I don't have much hope for the future.

2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Well, I hope something changes for us both, because I'm at that place in life, and I know its not at all helpful to you to just have someone say they in in the same boat.

Just know you aren't alone on EVERYTHING you wrote, and I'm certain others are feeling as you do right now.

Of course, I don't know your situation, so I'm not going to just say its all going to get better without knowing what you are going through.

Sleep is good though I will say that.

I hope others will offer support soon, and glad you shared with us how you are feeling.

Best wishes, and please keep talking to use - we're here to listen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I sure know how you two feel. I wish I didn't. Life is a chore, and I just go through the motions. Sleep is the best part of the day. And mornings are a disappointment because I keep waking up.

I read a book once called 'Man's Search for Meaning'. I can't remember the author's name at the moment. But he was a concentration camp survivor and later became a counsellor. He would tell his patients to just find one thing to keep you going. You only needed one, and then you built on that. It is hard finding that one thing. But even if it is just sleep, that is one thing to cling to, to build on. Maybe later you can add something else. Like the feel of the sun on a warm summer day. Or a cooling breeze when it grows too hot.

Anyway, that is how I try and approach it. It doesn't always work. But it remains worth the struggle.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello tweeeble

I guess your issue is not being able to enjoy things anymore and not having anything to look forward to. I'd suggest you seek the help of a counsellor, and perhaps you need anti depresaants from your doctor, I am sorry you struggling so bad right now but i does help to talk :)

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

if it is a burden, then it is a lesson.
    meant to say smth encouraging so i will, life enlightens the soul in long run
    just gotta make sure we do live and not just exist to get most and better out of it

bear is right, one thing begins to drive you and then other things off that, even if it is a tiny thing and to begin with
    do smth big, smth that changes lives, smth new. even if it feels like no point

6. tweeble

tweeble Member

Thank you for the responses everyone. I appreciate the advice. I've had a relatively easy life, so I can't complain. Finding that one thing to build upon wouldn't be too difficult. It's just that I honestly don't see the point of continuing my life anymore. I feel like my life has run its course (many years ago) and that life just isn't for me. The really sad thing is that I've felt this way for quite some time.

7. Your post just made me cry. It sounds like I wrote it myself. I feel exactly the same way and couldn't have described that feeling any better myself. I can't give any advice because i am in the same spot, but I hope you find something to look forward to and I hope you find happiness :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.