I vow never to cut again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by WhyMeWhy, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I started cutting as a teen(15). It was always far inbetween tho, never a cut-fest. But these recent relapses have my family worried/scared & I made a promise to them that it would not happen again ever. Actually, this is going to be like a cutter's anonamous type deal.... I'm lookin for someone I can PM if things get so bad that I want to cut and just sort of talk about why. I know this is sounding like alot to ask-I don't want to be a burden to anyone.

They really should create a Cutters Anonamous because when I cut it was never meant suicidally...... only as an outlet. An expression of the severe emotional pain I was goin through atm.

I really mean to quit for good. Anyone who is as serious as I am about quitting can PM me as well to talk about the why's..... but please be ultra-serious. You can stop it if you really try. I'm quite positive that I will stop for good. :yes: :cool:
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: that good hun and if u every feel down u can tlk to me hun :hug:
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I think it's great that you have vowed to never cut again whymewhy. Why harm yourself like that anyhow?
  4. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

congrats on such an epiphany!! i tried that too before christmas, went 2 months and about 11 days without a cut on my arms or legs. i felt really good, and could wear short sleeves without worrying! but then i kinda had a complete relapse and i'm back to cutting, and in a way i really missed it.

but good luck, you really deserve the feeling you'll get when you stop for ever!!

i'd like to say that i'm here for you if you need to talk but i don't know if i can be cos i'm still cutting... :( but if you really want someone to chat to, feel free to add me!

taranama@hotmail.com :D
  5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

i would like to stop too... but how will i be able to express myself without it?:sad:
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Well good luck, it may be tough but I'm sure you can do it. And you may PM me anytime. I barely cut anymore :)
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

thanks for help... i will try... i how i will manage not to...
  8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

i have urges, last time i cut was yesterday... i want to cut so badly... whaz can i do? It will be last time, thats what i keep saying to myself in my had...:sad:
  9. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

In the SpeakOut Forum I'm in, we created a chart-list of members who were to stop cutting. Members interested in quiting would essentially make a pact with one other, list how many days it has been, and check back periodically, sort of like a self-help group. You don't have to feel like your quitting alone and it helps encourage and inspire one another.

Would that seem like a plausible idea?
  10. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

can you give me link please?:)
  11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

too late:sad:

im sorry
  12. Zurkhardo

Its alright. Remember, cutting is more a war than a battle. Your going to lose some, but ultimately you can still win as long as your around to fight.

Unfortunately the site is in the process of reconstruction, so I can't access it for now. You can still try this link at least try to sign in.

Tell me, what triggered this?
  13. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

picture of girl with which im in love...:sad:

thanks for link:smile:
  14. Zurkhardo

Its all good my friend, thats love for you. =P

I'm glad you managed to sign on. I'm a mod there, so PM me if you have any needs or questions. Its still a work in progress.

I must go to work now, but do keep in touch. I'll be back on later. Good luck my friend.
  15. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I never expected so many replies! Some of you may still be cuttin, I see, just don't get to the point where you can't stand up or you'll faint from the amount of blood loss, 'cause that's what I did, long, long ago. My most recent cuttin spree ended me up in the treatment center, where no one understood so they ignored me. :mad: How dare they! Cold-hearted ppl that I never want to even think of. So that's another reason I'll never harm myself. Hell itself coudn't be any worse than how I was treated there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.