I want a day off!? How DARE I!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DatAlgorithm, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatAlgorithm

DatAlgorithm Well-Known Member

I am overworked... I haven't got a single day off until further notice because I work 3 jobs! I even got called in on both of my last days off and was mocked for calling in sick to one of them because I had a horrible chest cold and could barely move much less deal with any temperature not under the covers. God, it's not like I'm even getting a lot of hours; I'm getting SHIT for hours but they're all spread out and even if I did I wouldn't care... money can buy a lot of things but it can't buy TIME. In the ONLY life I'll ever get and I can't ever get back! But they don't care... nope, let's call him in on as many days as possible so he can stay productive! Even robots and in fact garbage has it better off than me.

I'm to the point I just want to run away from this all and never return; suicide is an ideal solution because it's not like the world will be losing a cancer scientist, engineer or even a gas station clerk. I still won't go back to college despite all this because I hated college so much that I'd rather starve to death than EVER go back and I MEAN IT! If I'm ever forced to go back to college I'm just gonna kill myself. I hate myself... why can't I just be docile and go to work and/or school and be happy like everybody else? I've never been able to answer that question even though both have been the bane of my existence for as far back as I can remember.

It hurts being so worthless I'm not even worth a day off... the pain is indescribable and I can't wait to finally end myself. Maybe then I can finally go on a vacation and stay gone. I can only hope.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

WEll you are worth something if you were not they would not have ask you to come into work You are needed there that is a good thing I am sorry you are so over worked though and i think you are doing a good thing taking care of YOU when you take a day off so don't let their comments bother you. You did good looking at for you
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Clearly trying to juggle the hours of 3 jobs is nearly impossible and getting an entire day off will be impossible unless you structure it yourself by saying "i am not available Tuesdays" or the like to all 3 places. They do not talk to each other so the only way to do it is for you to talk to them for yourself. If you say because I want a day off then yes, they will probably call you in. If you are working 3 jobs clearly you and they are used to juggling the schedule around your availability so do not be available 1 day a week. If they have a problem then ask them to commit to giving you enough hours to quit one of the jobs but still keep 1 day as "not available".

Instead of killing yourself since you have 3 jobs and they all call you in on off hours then adjust that into 1 or 2 jobs there where currently working or someplace else that has enough hours for you to live. If you do not want to go to college to get skills for higher paying jobs so do not need work 3 entry level or part time jobs then look into the adult education training classes in your area where can get excellent training programs in some in anywhere from 3 weeks to a year. They also still qualify for financial aide and there are many places that pay for these training programs completely. (an example of what i am talking about - www.gstboces.org/adulted/ )

Frustration and just sheer exhaustion can make you think things are a good idea (suicide for example) simply because you are too tired to contemplate solving another problem and cannot see how it is possible to find time for something else. The simple truth is if you have to quit one of the jobs to make time for finding better it is still a better solution and killing yourself means no time left and no days off for yourself ever.
  4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

First of all, well done for getting not one but three jobs! Secondly - Ben is right. You need to make yourself unavailable one day of the week - even if that means telling each job that you have been scheduled at the other jobs that day for the forseeable future so you can't work. I appreciate that this means less money perhaps, but what good is money if the situation is making you want to kill yourself?

What was so awful about college just out of curiosity?
  5. DatAlgorithm

DatAlgorithm Well-Known Member

Everything. College is a fucking nightmare for me. I hated everything about college from the pompous douche students to the pompous douche asshat professors to the endless arbitrary homework to the campuses to the pointless classwork and everything else I haven't mentioned. My wasted time in college was the worst time in my life (next to only when I lost my dad) and even worse than I feel now believe it or not.

I've still decided to kill myself btw... and don't tell me I'm "not in my right mind" because my mind IS clear as daylight (I'm sick of the cop-out "oh, it's not you talking, it's the depression" no, it's me, and I SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN BORN!) nothing will stop me, and nobody can stop me. I'm already broken enough with too many broken dreams to barely trudge on and then life throws THIS shit at me. I'd rather STARVE TO DEATH than work over 2 weeks with not even ONE day of and I'm not kidding. I won't be missed by ANYONE, or the loss will be really easy to get over once they realize what a shitty person I was.

Go ahead and delete this, I don't really care. I just thought I'd answer the obligatory "Why do you hate college" question I get every once in a while.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Okay - skipping college -(though it seemed a simple question by somebody not at all in need of hysterics) - but if the issue is not working without a day off then do not work without taking a day off. How does that translate into going to kill self and no other choice instead of simply change work schedule and/or jobs? If you actually do not want to talk/discuss then by all means don't- nobody forced you to post in the "help me" forum......- but if you want to talk and discuss then talk and discuss and no need for shouting about anything and if you are waiting for somebody to tell you that it is a great idea it is not going to happen here.... This is a support to try to improve life or situation and not feel like shit all the time place, not support to end your life forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.