I want my family to understand

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I wish I could convince my family as to how miserable and pointless my life is and it's not worth living why can't they just understand

2. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Sometimes just being there, is doing more then one can adequately realize. Your there with them, take that away and you've left them a huge life-scarring wound to recover from. Life should not be valued on how "productive" one is, everyone is valuable (and useless) in a certain light. Have you read any suicide literature? It could help you understand why your going through this.

3. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I want them to understand how very much better off I'd be dead but they just clam up and refuse to talk about it

4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I was just talking to my dad on Friday and he knows how much I'm suffering so I think that my family understands. I know that they don't want me to suffer. My problem is that I lack the resourses and am just too scared and unable to do it.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

They don't want to talk about it most likely because they do not understand it, brushing i under the carpet is not going to help anyone though.

I don't have the answers but hope thins improve for you. Stay safe and keep talking to us :hug:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They understand your suffering but not your decision to leave them to not reach out and get all the help and support to get your pain to stop
    As said they are not professionals they do not know how to help you they don't know what to say to take the pain away
    ONly a professional can do that ok or someone else that has been where you are.
    NO family member will every give up hope that one day you can and will heal or your pain will be less because of help given to you

7. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

But there is no help nothing can be done

8. Delainie

Delainie New Member

We all want people to understand our feelings. What is more important, though, is trying to express just how we came to have those feelings in the first place. Since no two people are on the same journey, it is difficult to share what we feel in a way that connects with others. Delainie

9. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

Hi Bruce, I'm sorry you feel so low and without hope. It's really hard to talk about suicidal feelings with anyone other than professionals and even then, that's hard. If there's anything I've learned in therapy at all it's that talking about suicide scares people away. Family & friends just don't know what to do with that. I really hear you about wanting to be understood and wanting someone to 'get' what's going on for you. When we talk about suicide to other people - at least in my experience - they actually distance themselves from us. It's too alien for most people. What family and friends also want to do is help, take action, do something. Confronted with someone with suicidal feelings makes them feel helpless. The more helpless people feel, like they can't do anything for you, the more they distance themselves.

Anyway, this is just my experience - don't know if you can relate to any of this. What we can talk about to other people is our pain and suffering. They may not have experienced the depth of what you are going through by any means but it's a start if you are looking to have a conversation where people might 'get' you.

Best wishes Bruces.

10. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Everyday is the same there's never any let up in the suffering,I know friends and family don't want us to hurt ourselves but they don't have to endure the daily pain do they,I don't think I even have the courage to go through with suicide but I'd like my life to be as short as I can possibly make it I really do despise every minute of it and have to bite my tongue to stop telling people how I feel...

11. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I life cannot be over soon enough

12. Tjh

Tjh Active Member

Hi bruces, I'm new to the forum and am also going through a difficult time at the moment. I've also been having suicidal feelings. What is making you so unhappy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.