I want the pain to stop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, the question is, what if we are the ones at fault here? I don't think that's the case, but what if the world really is ugly, and we just refuse to embrace it? Perhaps it is just a matter of perspective, a relative concept.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
The world and most the people in the world are whatever we make them to be. Our attitude controls how most things in life go , and that includes personal interactions. If we give off negativity that is what we see around us because we brought it to the situation ourselves. If we ask too much people pull away , because it is perceived as asking more than either we give or the person we are asking for it has to give- so they pull back. When it comes to the difficulty making new friends that is often the case. You are looking o make a friend- any friend, that person is trying to determine if they have room for one more person to make claims on their time and if those claims get too high they pull back . That is why lonely people feel like they are being pushed away all the time, because when they find people they have all their energy for those people- they cant help but have since were lonely before- but those people are just trying to find a little extra room to fit somebody in so it does not work.

Is not easy and is not "fair" from the perspective of either side. Understanding the social queues is hard for most, and those without a lot of practice is near impossible. But the one simple constant is that people do not want to add negativity to their lives as a rule, and if you put off negativity and anger that is what you tend to get back. That along with if you are kind and generous, but don't set boundaries, you will be taken advantage of by some that also don't have the social grace to not do that whether intentionally or not. For both self protection and for success, going very slowly when meeting/becoming friends with new people is usually the best course and then you have time to learn their little peeves and unspoken language/signs of when to back off or when to move ahead before you break all of them.

neko-chan

thanks.. it helped me understand a lot of things actually.. and you're right.. since i don't have much people to talk to when me and my friend started chatting.. i only spend my time with her.. while she's got all those people she get to talk to.. so when i lose her.. i feel so alone again because she's the only one i have.. but now i've mt a few more people here.. and i think i've met new friends too..

mei

Now, the question is, what if we are the ones at fault here? I don't think that's the case, but what if the world really is ugly, and we just refuse to embrace it? Perhaps it is just a matter of perspective, a relative concept.
I like you, probably because I've frequently thought the same.

I've come to the conclusion that both statements are equally true. It's a bit like the theory of relativity. If you look at things from different points of view, what is true and what is false change with it. So either everything is true, or everything is false. Or, everything has the probability to be true or false. These states of truth and falsehood can combine into one neutral state, a state which could be true or false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00