I want this suffering to end!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Autumn, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autumn

Autumn Member

I am 52 years of age, I can't really remember that much happiness in my life and it's just getting worse! I try to think positive but it's hard.

I just want this suffering to stop, not because I want to die but because I don't want to live like this anymore, I'm too tired, too sad, too lonely, too everything that's not nice!!

Anxiety & panic attacks, depression, physical illness, no job, no money, no friends, what's there to go on for?! I've had it.

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
    There's always something to go on for, its your very life thats at stake! It could be work (you can get some), or family, or to help others. Turn yourself into a selfless person, start helping others and you'll soon see the value of life, both your own and the people's around you. This forum is a good place to start. All you need is a few kind words for somebody and you're preventing their death, if only for a day. And that one day can make all the difference in the world. Remember that for yourself, as well. Hang around and see what the next day brings, and then the next, and then the next. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Too tired? Drink some coffee (or tea). Too sad? Listen to some music, or watch something funny. Or even wallow in your own sadness. You may think this is stupid, but you have to feel your feelings at its core for them to go away. Too lonely? Search around these forums and the net and meet some new people, you never know how many friends you will make.

Now you are older than me so you know more of life than I do, but I know what I say is the truth, and that suicidal thoughts distort the mind to the point you don't see clearly. Keep posting here, and I believe you'll start to feel better. And yes, lots of Shit does happen, but without the shit, we wouldn't get flowers.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

hey i understand the pain is suffocating at times you think you can't breath you can't even cry because there are just no tears left. empty hollow inside been there and at times still am I am 51 All i can say is with therapy a therapist experianced with Post traumatic syndrome it is helping. Therapist walks you through the pain your not alone to the other side of it. Sometimes medication is needed to help with anxiety attacks and depression go for it what do you have to lose. Just talking here to someone helps to it gets all the thoughts and pain out of your head. Keep talking to us and venting okay Know you are not alone now you can come here anytime and talk okay hang in there get therapy and a dr to prescribe you some meds glad you reached out for support keep doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.