I Want To Abandon My Parents

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

They are such a trigger for me.

I just smoked a cigarette before I called my mom, as I just knew that calling her wasnt going to be any good news.

It wasnt.

I have a life. I have a family. I work 60 hours a week 7 days a week.
    I have to in order for us to survive.

And yet, my Mom harrasses me all the time about shit.

I know I need to take a day off every now and then, BUT I CANT!!!!

I know I should help them more, BUT I CANT!!! They moved to FUCKING far away!!!!!!

Now she wants me to take her for some local outpatient surgery on one of her toes. I don't have the time to take off from work to do so.

Since my dumb ass sister abandoned my parents I am left holding the bag.

Yet I envy my sister. She doesnt have to worry about all of this crap anymore.

Why am I the one that has to be burdened with all of this shit.

I don't want it. I can't have it.

My mother is constantly bringing me into her depression. She is dragging me into her hell.

I can't have that.

I simply can't.

I am done.
  2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Oh well. I guess I will just be comdemned to their hell.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You have a life of your own. You're only human; you can't be there to do everything they need you to do. It's just not possible. Don't let her drag you down. You have a family, kids to raise, and two jobs. You have enough on your plate. I'm not saying you should abandon them, but they need to realize you can't do it all.

Can't your mom take public transportation, or sign up for those state-run programs where they have cabs specifically designed for senior citizens to get to and from medical appointments?
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Nope I don't think Illinois does.

But thanks for responding, WC. (((greatful hugs)))
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

(((((hugs back))))) It might be worth checking into. Most states do have programs like that; or if they aren't state-run, they're organized by counties or cities.