I want to badly

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Danialla, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I really want to self-harm badly. My head is so full it is going to explode. I don't know what to do. My dr has given me klonopin when I feel stressed, funny "stressed" seems like such a mild term to what I am feeling. Anyway the klonopin doesn't do much for the URGE. I feel so emotional but can't think of any emotion except the one to hurt myself. I need to escape. Maybe just a little bit.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, please do not act on your feeling but use the alternatives such an elastic band or ice cubes. I can understand the urge to release the pain and emotion you feel. You have to be strong and stay focused. I know it's easy to say and hard to do. Please be safe and keep posting here.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Danialla,

I hope you haven't harmed. You need to discuss with your doctor that you still have the urge to self harm, perhaps he/she can refer you to a therapist who will teach you how to cope.

4. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Well I gave in:-(. I feel so good when I do and so guilty afterwards. I didn't go into work today, my therapist is on a well deserved vacation and I can't tell my pdoc because i don't think he'll understand. He told me to take the klonopin when i have the urge, which i did....4 of them but I had already done it, thank God it was in the evening and i could make the excuse of just going to bed early. I want to call and make an appt. but I feel so foolish talking about it with my pdoc, i know he is trying to help me I have ECT every 2 weeks to help with the depression, but sometimes i get the urge and it is so much stronger than me I can't take it. I am glad I can come here with people who understand. Thank you

5. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Danialla, Please take care of yourself. You are such a great person going through such a difficult time but you will get through it. I know you care so much about other people but remember to look after yourself too. You're an important person and the hardship of pain should always be insignificant to the loving and kind person that you are. Please stay strong because you matter. Husky

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.