I want to be dead

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Glara, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glara

Glara Member

I'm not actually feeling suicidal today, but I want to be dead. That happens a lot. A little over a week ago I actually wanted to kill myself, today I just want to be dead.

I've been depressed and lonely most of my life, even as a child. The only time things were happy was when my daughter was a little girl. She's grown and moved out. I'm back to being worthless.

I'm fat, ugly and old. I just take up air and space. The only 2 people in my life are with me for my money. Not that I have much, but more than these too. It's just not worth it anymore.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Your daughter always will love you and you do still have a huge place in her life. You're not worthless. You are priceless mother and possible someday a grandma. For the two people that seems to be using you, distance yourself from them if they are contributing to negativity and find healthier friendships that's not based on money.

If you feel valuable when a child depends on you, what about looking into fostering kids? You can specify what age range you want or babysitting, childcare. Or getting a pet or fostering a dog or cat etc. Just throwing ideas out there,

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so low today. Please do not be harsh on yourself as life is very important. You sound like a nice person who just needs to refocus your life. Please do not act on your feelings and if you want to talk in private, then PM direct. Keep posting here for support you need and take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.