I want to commit suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Canar1912, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canar1912

Canar1912 New Member

Hi, guys
    I can't keep up with my life anymore. I'm turning 19 next week, but i feel like i've been living for a thousand years. I feel tired and bored with life. It's been like that for four years cuz i spent 3 years in country where i had no friends i was basically kept like a prisoner at home with no one to hang out with. Now, I'm in college and I realise there's nothing I'm good at, there is nothing that interests me in the studies or in life. I'm pressurd\ed to choose mojors/minors and stuff like that but i don't see the point. It's just that I'm not gifted, I'm not talented to do whatever, i don't have the energy to work hard. My life seems pointless to me. I went to a shrink but it didn't work out. I feel so depressed seing smiling faces around me, people getting good grades, enjoying their lives. I hate everything. How can I die painlessly and but an end to that stroy, I really dont wanna live ;(
    Every day is burden..

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Go to a different pdoc then okay get on different medication for depression it will make a difference i promise you that. You can get coucilling at your school get it as well okay. You just need some help to get motivated that is with therapy coucilling Look into field of education that will bring some excitement to you okay 19 it is hard to choose what it is you want to be in life really you are so young to make that choice but do something you enjoy okay
    There are people there to help you use them okay to get you out of that rut your in. New pdoc new meds therapy councilling for school all positives to help
    you succeed in whatever YOU choose okay Glad you reached out here i am now please keep reaching out to the people around you and go see a different psychiatrist okay or even a regular doctor as they too can prescribe meds for depression

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

yeah, seeing a different psych and getting different meds sounds like it might be good.

I've heard good things about electro-convulsive therapy (it's not just for breakfast anymore!)

Some shrinks suck, and you have to shop around to find one that is good for you.

many smiles are fake. not everyone out there is happy. maybe you could transfer to another school that is easier and that you will like better.

4. Alliance

Alliance Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel that way. I'm not sure what to tell ya and I'm in the same boat myself.

I also feel like life is a burden and I just don't feel like it is worth it for me personally. I've chatted with a few people about it and I just don't want to go on day by day with the burdens of everyday life.

Having to work, worrying about paying rent, bills, food, not feeling well, bored, lonely, tired and not wanting to grow old. I just don't see how meds would make these things go away for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.