i want to cut

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by thedeafmusician, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i want to... i want to... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and yet i shouldn't

but its been almost eleven months

but i still want to

does it ever stop?

2. no point

no point Well-Known Member

It's a big accomplishment tdm. You have gone without it for almost a year. You can do this. Try to distract yourself. Watch TV, listen to music or do whatever helps you to get distracted.
  3. thedeafmusician

its so tempting though... the kitchen is so close... and knives. or i could just use that safety pin i have in my room... its so tempting. it doesnt matter where i am, but theres always something i can use =(
  4. no point

no point Well-Known Member

I know how hard it is. But you stayed away from it for so long. I honestly think it's a great accomplishment. Would you like to talk about what upset you instead? Talking about it might make you feel better. Just a suggestion...
  5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Hang in there hun, i know how tempting it can be but you've come this far, please don't give in now. The fact that you've come through 11 months cut free just shows how strong you are. Please hang in there.

6. Twitch-J

Twitch-J Guest

i'm glad you've made it thus far without.. i don't have much more to add but my support.. find your alternative..

Me, i use a punching bag..
  7. thedeafmusician

I haven't cut... yet. And my usual alternatives have to be lessened - I'm starting to injure myself unintentionally from too much piano and guitar lol.

8. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

WOW!! Congratulations on making it 11 months. I am not sure I could make it that long. That is something to be very proud of; you deserve a pat on the back. Try to stay strong and it should pass. Keep yourself busy typing, with both hands:)
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You can get through this TDM. 11 months is quite an accomplishment. you should feel extremely proud of yourself. Do you know what has brought this so strongly to the surface tonight? I have the faith in you taht you can make it another night cut free. Stay safe hun. :hug:
  10. thedeafmusician

Things aren't great... but they've been much worse... so I don't know whats triggered it. It ain't fair. :cry:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Well I have faith in you that you can do this. We have been here before and made it through, we can do it again. You have many people that are willing to help talk you through. Don't give up sweetie. :hug:
  12. kyo

kyo Member

Hello! I've the same feeling. I've stopped and hasn't cut for about 3-4 months now. it's very tempting when you're eating, but I always manage to not do it by cutting my food harder. (does this make sense? :p) Anyway, don't stop, keep going, I'm cheering for you, and myself of course ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.