I want to die but I don't know why.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by pogosticker, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

My life is actually very good these days, and I have a bright future ahead of me. I got through all the crap, pulled myself out of it and started making changes. But I still have this overwhelming urge. I don't even know WHY. I would just very much like to die. I mean, I've got a good life nowadays.. but the urge is still there. I think about it all the time - but then what if I fail and it sets me right back to the start again?

Can anyone relate? I don't even know why, I just can't be bothered living. I think about just leaving the house in the middle of the night and not coming back - not knowing where I'm going, whether it's to jump off a bridge or what. It's like I want to run away from something, but I don't know what it is. I have so much potential, but I really can't be bothered.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Depression can strike us when we least expect it and it is horrible when it does, especially when we have many good things in our life to be happy about. In some aspects it can make you feel worse because you feel you have nothing to be depressed about. You need to speak to a doctor about this, get this under control now before it worsens. Keep reaching out, we care :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.