I want to Die

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Flashmode, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Flashmode

Flashmode New Member

I've struggled with depression and I'm tried of fighting an losing battle. My family won't even acknowledge the issue I have and am told to "man up".

I've been to the hospital because I wanted to commit suicide and all they did was lock you up like an animal and give you three meals a day and have one doctor check on you in the morning. Did I mention they take all personal belongings as well?

I feel worthless and not even so called "friends" seem to care about me anymore. They have changed with college and I'm stuck with the grief of my mothers death.

I'm not actively seeking death but if I died tomorrow I would not mind, and I doubt anyone would miss me.

2. SoTired

SoTired Well-Known Member

@Flashmode -

I'm very sorry you are feeling this way. The hospital is hard, and is usually only a place to start. Manning up is doing what you are doing here though - you are here, and seeking help (even if just by talking), and a place to start healing. Don't discount that. The hardest thing to do is ask for help, to admit that you need it.

Have you found a professional yet? Someone to talk to? That can be a very good place to start. Also, depending on your area, you may be able to find a case manager or something like that to help with the day to day things.

If you need to talk more, we're always here. Know that you are among friends.

Jenumbra likes this.
  3. bekindalways

bekindalways New Member

You are stronger than you know just by coming here and acknowledging something is wrong, but do not give up hope. The more you can talk about it (especially to a professional) the better off you will be. Do not be scared of doctors and medicine. It can save your life and your life is worth saving.

Diane Eileen likes this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,

I am sorry you've had such a hard time with the mental health services but they locked you up ''like an animal'' because they did not want you doing harm to yourself. They cared. I am so sorry for your major loss. If I lost my mom i'd be suicidal too I think but it is not the best option. Suicide should never be considered an option. Are the mental health services following up afterwards and giving you the appropriate treatment? We are here for you and you just being here prove you DO believe things can get better, well done for reaching out, i'm always around if you want a chat *hugs*

5. Diane Eileen

Diane Eileen New Member

I've been in that dark place too. But just know that it is indeed temporary. Sometimes our mind just lets us be depressed and we think no one cares, or we are overwhelmed with feelings of unworthiness. But really friend it's just our mind playing tricks on us. Don't believe everything you think when you are depressed. Okay? I am a living testament to that. First thing is to try and see if some antidepressants will work. They literally saved my life. So don't be afraid of medication. The tricky thing about depression is it's a false state of mind. You can be your own best friend by realizing this is only temporary and not to feel weakened by it. Rest easy, give yourself time to heal. You are so worth it. If I didn't overcome my depression I wouldn't be here talking to you today, and the hundreds of others who I have helped. Hugs, Diane

Jenumbra likes this.
  6. unicornthatcares

unicornthatcares New Member

we all in some point of our lives have had unpleasant things happened to us, or have a dark chapter in our book that we want to burn and forget about. but that does not mean that we should just abandon hope and want to end it all. This might seem like its coming from a person who has never had anything bad happen to them, who doesn't understand, but trust me I've been to the depths of hell and back and in again and currently trying to come back and out of it but being a minor (16) theres not much i can do. i know that reading words from a computer screen might not affect you or make you feel better, but please just remember that storms don't last forever. i know it might sound like false hope or even super cheesy and even i myself sometimes cannot bring myself to believe such a thing because i have not experienced it yet but things can get better because once you hit rock bottom there is no way but up. life can be one hell of a b**** but it doesn't mean that its not worth it. someday when its all over you'll look back on everything and you'll be glad you powered through, when all your dreams come true you'll be glad you pulled through it. it might leave scars on you, it might change you into a completely different person, it might make you terrified of a lot of things even after its over, but that doesn't mean that life after it won't be worth it. the road to recovery might be a long one but its sure as hell worth it. (I'm sorry if this was all over the place or didn't make sense but if you ever need to talk I'm here.)

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Cai Gengyang

Cai Gengyang New Member

Stop ... get help NOW ! Do you have friends and family to talk to ? What are your issues , if you want we can speak about this now ..

gengyangcai@gmail.com