I want to end my life because I suffer from chronic terminal illness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by theresnohelp, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theresnohelp

theresnohelp Member

Despite what the health care professionals say, I am slowly dieing.
    I've had this Chronic Illness with my bowels for many many years, since I was 18.
    Had every test you think of it, not to mention surgery well over a year ago and no improvement at all.
    I've gone to see the doctors since then and they have been no help at all.
    One thinks i'm depressed because of my condition. Well, what the **** do you expect? He wanted to send me to a shrink
    and put me on meds. That isn't dealing with the real problem here.
    No-one cares, will listen to me, brush me off, talk down to me like my life isn't worth spit.
    I don't care anymore. Really don't. I admit I have so full of angry, bitterness, hate because of this long-term condition and also against everything and everyone because of the way i've been treated and never gotten any kind of break at all.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

What's wrong with your bowels? Do you have irritable bowel syndrome or cholitis? They can be managed. :hug:

3. theresnohelp

theresnohelp Member

Chronic Constipation. What I have can't be managed.

I've abused laxatives and I mean tons and I have bladder problems too, which no doubt is from all the Laxative abuse.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I take a spoonful of metamucil and water every night to avoid constipation.

5. theresnohelp

theresnohelp Member

I've tried that and everything else you can think of.
    The only option left is the bag and they won't do it.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

What's the bag?

7. theresnohelp

theresnohelp Member

Colostomy Bag.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

There has to be something that can help treat your constipation?

9. theresnohelp

theresnohelp Member

I've tried everything that's been suggested to me by health care professionals.
    Not sure what there is, if anything to try.

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

so sorry you're having that trouble...do they say why they can't fix it and what's causing it?
    have you tried some sort of meds to help you relax?...could it possibly be that you are so stressed, anxious, etc. that it makes your bowel problem worse?
    I hope you can find a solution as I hear how debilitating this can be for you..
    (i have IBS so somewhat understand)
    If you feel that the docs don't care can you look for a new one who will understand and help?
    *hug*

11. theresnohelp

theresnohelp Member

Can't seem really to get a straight answer from them what I actually have. My bowels just are ****** (excuse the language) but it's the truth. Abusing Laxatives also hasn't helped and obviously done major damage to my bowel, bladder and body. Last time I saw one of the doctors, all he had to say was that it was a disappointing surgery. The surgery that was done was they removed a portion of my Colon.
    I've tried meds for Constipation but they didn't do a thing. And i've taken meds to relax but living with this for as long as I have, it's impossible to relax. I'm in constant pain all the time.
    Actually, i've tried getting referred to someone else a few times but they wouldn't see me because i've already seen someone and also there is such a shortage of doctors.

12. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

don't give up ok...if you want to see someone else keep pushing until you get there..
    have you tried an alternative diet? like gluten free, dairy free, etc...
    don't know if that might make a difference..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.