I want to feel nothing

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fire_inside, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire_inside

fire_inside Guest

This is a serious post. I wish I could just be completely blank in my head. I am sick of being sad, tired, lonely, bored, everything. I wish I could just have no emotions.

Imagine a person that is in chronic back pain. The pain is so intense and everlasting that they are given some kind of pills that make them feel nothing anymore.

That's what I need.

To feel nothing.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You might find that if you actually felt nothing, it would be worse. At least if you feel something, then even though it's wretched when you feel bad things, you have the potential to feel good things too.

Also, there are plenty of people about that don't feel things be it through meds, or other reasons, and some people crave to feel things.

Have you got any help or support to help you stop feeling all the negative things? Like have you been to the doctor? They can offer meds and/or therapy, and you might find something that really helps you.

You won't always feel those negative things, there will be positive around in the future, in the past, even if it's not in the present. Sometimes we just need a little help finding the positive though, which is why going to the doc may help.

It's not nice feeling so crap all the time, but try to hold on for the good times.

Hang in there and take care

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't like to feel pain either. Or any other negative unhappy emotion. But if I had to choose between Pain and Nothing, I'd always choose pain... not because I like pain, but because I want to feel SOMETHING. And feelings can change. Feeling bad can change into feeling good, or at least better than feeling bad. So please hang on. Don't give up.:smile:

least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.