I want to get revenge on them

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by apx24, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apx24

apx24 Member

Suicide will be the best way to get revenge on those who bullied me. Just found out that a bully from high school is engaged, all of them are happy and I am stuck here lonely and depressed. Maybe if I kill myself they will know how they have made me feel.

I know I've posted here months ago and I don't know when I will commit suicide, it might be in weeks, or in months, or even in years, but I am certain I will take my own life, because of this severe depression.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

If you resort to suicide apx then those bullies will have won and anyway even if they were to hear about you commiting suicide do you really think they would care or even feel guilty and realise they drove you to it? The only person you would be hurting apx is yourself

The best thing you can do apx is try to move on & not think about them. Think about yourself and what apx wants

:freehug:

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Not to be rude but the chances are that the people who bullied you long since stopped thinking about you at all, and should they even find out that you committed suicide (which is not guaranteed) I doubt they will do anything more than say "oh that's sad" and move on with their lives.

The best revenge is to move on with your life and forget they exist. Get treatment for your depression and stop dwelling on a past you can't change. They bullied you and it was unkind and very likely horrible - but it has been and gone. You are (presumably) now an adult and with adulthood comes the onus on YOU to be in control of your life and to forget childish cruelty that almost everyone suffers in their youth at one time or another. By focussing on how they made you feel then, you are allowing it to affect how you feel now. They are not doing that to you - you are doing that to yourself.

I hope you choose to move forward and write these people out of your life instead of, for some reason, making decisions as though these people are important to you.

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I have a feeling that advice to move on & forget doesn't really work. even if it's well-meant. People cannot will to forget things that have happened to them, as if controlling our thoughts were like turning a faucet on and off. The world is simply unfair. The jocks who slam weaker people into the locker banks in school hallways go on to be the bosses at the industrial workplaces, and eventually, the oldsters who hog the available resources for physical care, because they earned money as bosses while the weaker became poor. There's nothing to be done about it, except to be glad that modern societies have put some limits on the amount and degree of brutality the egoistic males are allowed to dish out. The horsewhips recently used on human backs are gone, for the most part.

Getting treatment is a good idea, though. The folks here telling you to "move on" do have a point--you have to live some way or other, and committing suicide is never an effective form of "revenge" because you couldn't enjoy the fruits in that case. I'm also having a hard time coming to grips with the terms of life, so I won't try to tell you how to do it.

:tranquillity: But do have faith that it can be done. You can gain the sovereignty over your own life that you desire. Best wishes to you. You deserve the best.

:butterfly4:

5. apx24

apx24 Member

Even if they don't care or if they don't find out, at least I will be free from these mental shackles caused by their behaviour.
    But thanks for your responses.
    I am on anti depressants, but they don't help with my depression.

6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I would suggest you possibly seek out a talking therapist. What that could do for you, is have an outlet for all the mental issues that have happened to you regarding the bullying, but also, give you a potentially different view on what you see of life. Not changing beliefs, but how you think about certain situations can be tweaked.

And one thing is for certain, revenge is a futile concept. Especially when it considers that you are wanting to take your own life - it's not revenge in the slightest. The best way to respond to "bullies" in that way - is to go on and live your life the way you want to live it. How to get there? It takes hard work, yes, but it is not impossible. And by knowing that one of the people who bullied you before is engaged, do you focus your energies on what others are doing? Concentrate on yourself, not others. They aren't worth it. Taking your life in this manner isn't worth it either.

7. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

I can relate... I have longed for the day when bullies would be brought to justice... I try to moveo n but I have times where I curse the universe for allowing them to be anywhere but locked up in a cage... where they don't have the chance to hurt anyone else, and so I get my justice.

I don't think suicide as revenge is the right path. I don['t think it achives what you want.

The 2nd paragraph screamed what I used to say before I got involuntarily hospitalized... and have sense been going to regularly group and individual therapy.

IT has done wonders for me... still trying to take some major steps but I am doing a hell a lot better than before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.