I Want To Give Up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Look....here's the deal.

I fail at relationships.

My finances are going down the toilet.

I can't seem to stay sober for more than a couple of days.

I am overweight. I am going to be 43 and still deliver pizza's as part of my income.

I don't have the mental strength to deal with my parents, and yet I have to.

Yes parts of my life are going fairly well. And I try to be strong for so many here, but in truth, I am a very weak and fragile man, and I am so tired of struggling.

I dont want to die today, but I know I will soon.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I honestly don't think you'll die soon. Because you're stronger than you realize. Maybe you don't feel that way, but people who know you can see it.

I know staying sober is hard. But it takes time, and at least you're working at it. Eventually a few days will turn into a few weeks, and then longer. But it doesn't happen all at one time.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. You're making it. I know it's a struggle, but just take things day by day.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey wish you could get help for your drinking this would definietly make you feel better about things. Is there not a detox short term place you could go in for 3-5 days just to get control back a bit. I hope you start feeling better soon take care
  4. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey there..
    sorry things arnt going 2 well..

im terrible at relationships aswel..they can b really tough..even more so when ur depressed..there is nothing wrong with being a pizza delivery man btw! its good that u work..and i think work is work no matter what u do..if it pays the bills and keeps a roof over ur head then there is nothing wrong with that..
    have u tried talkin 2 anyone about how ur feeling- like ur doctor or phyc? it might help..
    u hav replied 2 quite a few of my threads and u give some great advice on here..if i can help in anyway even if u jus want 2 rant or have a silly conversation feel free 2 pm me..
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey guys thanks for the quick response.

I know I wont really do it, but there are days when I would really like to.
  6. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I know that feeling...its like the temptation of doing it seems like the most viable option... but there are other options that are way better... u are strong never doubt that.....
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Bill,

Don't give up, relationships and weight,alcohol problems can both be worked at.
    Easier said than done, yes. But you can do it.

Is there any alcohol anonymous group in your area?
    Any weight loss classes?
    It would be worth looking into, keep fighting,it will be worth the struggle.
  8. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: xx

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i agree with the replies, you need to get help with your drinking first.
    having been there and done that, i can tell you, your outlook will be alot differant without the liquid encouragement.

that is the first thing you need to do. you may have to do what it takes to get your life back together. many arnt willing to give up things to get better.
    the choice is short term misery that will get better of long term misery that will last a lifetime.

10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Bill, I hate how some of us have to struggle in this life, fight for everything every tiny little morsel. But you are a fighter and you are doing more good than you know. Keep fighting, and focus on the good things, because I know that they're there.
  11. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

damn dude.......

I've read a few of your threads....one minute, you're on top of the world, encouraging everyone to live, then your car breaks down and you want to kill yourself.

Do you know what bipolar disorder is?

google it!
  12. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Doesn't have to be bi-polar Alex. I can be having a fantastic day, my headphones will break, my hair won't sit right, someone yells at me, and that'll be it! That'll set me straight back to square one and make me start doubting all of my progress and instead focusing on how pathetic I am.

And it doesn't even have to be that many things... it can be ONE thing. Yo-yo effect doesn't only apply to those with bi-polar disorder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.