I want to go to hospital

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Shock, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

i want to go to hospital. i want and i need help, even if its just being drugged to fuck for a week. i want a means to and end. but not my doctor, psychiatrist or parents want me to go to hospital. i just want a break you see. i need help, i am asking for help, but people are saying i dont need it. i dont know what to do. i really dont want to be alone. i really want to go somewhere where people can help me. i am asking for help.
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

If you feel up to it, it can be as simple as walking into the A&E / ER at your hospital and saying how you feel to them..

Why don't your parents or psychiatrist want you to go into hospital? Any idea as to why?
  3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yes i am considering just walking in. Like i said, it is the means to an end. My parenst and psychaitrist are against it because, on their words: nothing good ever comes out of psychiatric hospitals. But at the moment i believe i would rather try the hospital then take it alone. i think soon i wil just walk in. thanks for your reply
  4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

If you feel it'll do you some good, then by all means go for it :)

Take care, stay safe - I hope things work out for you!
  5. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

thanks for your comments. ill let you know how it goes
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Don't go by what the others are saying. You know what is best for you. Bravo to you for being strong enough to know what you need and for doing something about it. Once you are released from hospital, please consider looking into support groups in your area. It doesn't sound like you have much from family friends or your doctor. It helps so much just to be with others that know your pain. Good luck and keep safe.
  7. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

hadnt thought about support groups....good idea. ill look for some now
  8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

are you aussie?
  9. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

It's great you've decided to seek help! I have no idea why your doc and family wouldn't support you in that. Usually it's the other way round!
    I hope you get all the help you require, you're really brave in facing up to your feelings and seeking to make yourself better!

Good luck!
  10. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Glad you're seeking help, shock.
  11. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

If you wanna go... you should go. I've never been to one, but I know someone who said that the psych ward is actually fun and you meet cool people there. I don't know what a psych ward is though. Good luck :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.