I want to kill myself but wife needs money. What to do?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mark Krebs, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Krebs

Mark Krebs New Member

I have osteoporosis and arthritis. Someday I'll be disabled. I can't get any excersize. I have a boring, thankless, low paying job. I want to kill myself with [**Moderator Edit: Removed Methods**] but my wife needs my income and health care insurance. If you were me would you kill yourself or live in a daily hell for the benefit of the wife?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Two things that must be considered. (1) If you love your wife, you have no choice but to do anything you can for her benefit - she is your wife, (2) Responsibility of marriage. I personally would suffer the worst of the worst to benefit those I love. Can you not advance in your job or seek some new employment? Can you not seek to find joy in the time that you spend with your family and your loved ones? Just some thoughts

3. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

just think for a moment on the fact that you ARE needed, for whatever reason...and heck, that someone actually wanted to MARRY you. consider the fact that some of us are not needed or even wanted by ANYONE at ALL, that if we were to disappear hardly anyone would even notice, much less miss us. you are what I call a REAL person. you are visible, people see you, you contribute to society. I would give anything to be a real person like you, even if it meant being poor, or permanently crippled, or whatever. that would be amazing to me. think on what you do have.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Mark. I am sorry for all the pain you describe. Are you also feeling depressed? If so, i sure can understand it with what you desercibed. And if so, are you taking anything for that? The reason I am asking is this: When people are depressed we think that people would be better off without us. I see it all the time here. And I think that way myself when the depression I live with gets worse. I do think they would be better off withoout me. That they could have the revenue from my home etc.

What does your wife think about having you around? I will tell you that in my expereince, money is very secondary to love. When the person you love dies, no money in the world can make things better. When you do not have all the money you need, at least you are with the person you love. Does that make sense? ps, welcome to sf. I think this is a great community. The people are, for the most part very compassionate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.